Now wasn't the time for that though.

I took a step, hating how she cowered, not believing it was me. Slowly, I took her in my arms, afraid to hurt her as she first stiffened and then calmed down in my arms. Then she started crying louder.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm s-so sorry R-Regio. I-I tried. I-I swear!" She hysterically cried, clutching my shirt as she pushed herself into me. I stroked her hair, softly telling her it was okay.

"I'm here. It's okay. You'll be safe. No one will hurt you anymore. I promise." I whispered, savoring her touch. Enjoying how small and delicate she looked in my hands.

"I-I'm sorry." She whispered again as I got up with her in my arms, Zach and Hunter looking at her pitifully. If only she had seen their looks, she would've snapped at them. But she wasn't. She was too fucking scared. I crushed her to me, vowing myself to never let her go as I walked out of the cell, moving her a little so I could hold her safely.

Her sudden sharp cry scared me, my frantic heart beating a wild rhythm as I looked at her face which was a mask of pain. "I-It hurts! E-Everything hurts-s!" She cried, her one hand leaving my neck as she clutched on her abdomen where a large patch of blood was adorning her top. Her cries slowly grew soft as I calmed her down, trying to keep my anger at bay. Her eyes started to flutter close, the tears still never stopping.

"I-I'm so sorry. Please- I'm sorry, forgive me." Was the last broken whisper that was heard from her as she went unconscious, the exhaustion catching up.

"They'll pay boss." Zach hissed, his hands clenched as he looked at my little soulmate angrily. Anger that he felt for all those who had dared harm her. I could never have related more with my right hand then and there. I nodded, kissing her bloody forehead. Yes they will. And it'll be like no one would ever imagine.

It was time to leave. But before that. "Hunter. The girls?" I asked, knowing Valerie wouldn't want the girl she had been talking to earlier hurt.

"Taken under us. The men got each one of them. Safe distance." I nodded, walking out of the dungeon from the passage we had come from. Quickly maneuvering through, we soon reached the opening where my men were already waiting with the girls that were captured by Zeke.

Turning back, I looked at the house in distance where we had just been, gesturing for Zach to make the call as I put Valerie in my car.

"Montgomery." I started in a sickly polished tone, feeling the months of anger come back. All the time I had wasted on thinking that she had run away, had I bothered to think some other way, this wouldn't be her state right now.

Swallowing the guilt, I hissed in the phone, embracing the beast's need to play. "I think the cat and mouse chase has gone for too long, won't you say? Here's an excitement for you. There are bombs in your house that will blow up at my one command. You have 2 minutes to escape. Tick-tock."

He laughed, thinking he had the upper hand. He did. Half an hour ago. Not anymore. The game was in my hands.

"Be careful in what you say Regio, I have your little mate with me. Pretty thing I must admit. Disable the bombs Regio or she dies. I'm sure you felt that small little sharp pain in your abdomen today. What do you think that was? Just a cramp? Think a knife and your mate. Don't test me. I'll fucking kill her!" He hissed in a voice that I suppose he considered scary.

I laughed at his efforts, watching the men take a step back as the malice in my laugh scared them. Not caring much about it, my eyes drifted back to my car, looking at the huddled figure of her that was unconscious. Because of him.

If possible, my voice grew a lot more deathly and sinister. "You speak like I care. A minute and fifteen seconds Montgomery."

"You speak like you don't believe me. Here, I'll make you hear her. Will screams work or do you want to hear her begging?" He sneered, the sound if footsteps clear. He stopped, sounding taken aback as a small curse rose from him.