Chapter - 4

"She's that captain's daughter who hates you. Jack Gunnar. I knew I recognized the name from somewhere so I looked it up after we were a safe distance away. You remember him right? The Ohio incident? What are you going to do about this?"

A voice spoke, a little unclear because the door was closed and they were outside. The shadow protecting me from the rays of sun let me know that they were outside my door so I didn't open my eyes, wanting to listen to my fate while I scolded myself internally for dozing off at such a time.

"Nothing." A voice spoke which I had sadly got familiar with.

"Boss, that might not be th-" A loud snarl almost made me jump in fright, the anger behind it almost making me shake. Good god how powerful was this man?

"Hunter. Let this be the last time I speak on this topic. She's my soulmate. Check her arm if you have any doubts. I never told you to get rid of Maya when you found her, did I? She is mine. No one is to look at her wrongly or harm her. Am I fucking clear?"

His! I'm his!? What does that fucker think I am? A bloody object!? That domineering bastard!

My eyes opened and I narrowed my eyes at his back, wishing I could wrap my hands around his neck and choke him to death. I moved my hands while trying to get them in my sight, tsking annoyingly when I found them still tied behind my back.

"Look who's up." He spoke, opening my door and pulling me out. Stumbling out of the car as he tugged at me, I clenched my jaw angrily at the way he was manhandling me.

"I can walk! Stop manhandling me!" I shouted angrily, wringing my hands out of his hold. He tried pulling me back but snapped his jaw in annoyance when I twisted out of the way. His long arms, Damn them! Shot out and gripped my forearm, trying to keep me still. The injured one, specifically.

My face twisted in pain as he gripped it tight and I dropped it, not wanting him to see me weak. I spoke lowly after a few seconds, hoping he would let go. "Let go. Please!" I mumbled, voice hoarse and angry as I tried to pry his hands off of me when the pain increased. His grip only tightened. I took in a short breath as I tried not to shout in pain.

"Rex. It's her injured arm. Let go." His hand was off of me as if mine was on fire. Keeping my head down, I tried looking past the pain as it started numbing.

"You speak when it hurts Valerie!" He hissed, grabbing my chin roughly and capturing my eyes.

I glared up at him, cold fire swimming in my eyes. "Fuck you!" I hissed, turning my head away from him. "Trust me, you will be." That fucker! "You wish!" I yelled, trying to create distance between us. He had the audacity of raking his eye up and down my body.

He smirked a cold smirk, making me want to run as far from him as I could and curl up in a corner. His tongue darted out, licking his lips as he nodded. "Definitely do!"

"You sick bastard! Get away from me! Sick, domineering, stupid fucker! Y-"

"Speak another word and your brother won't be coming home from university this break. Alive at least." I snapped my eyes up at his, eyes wide as I swallowed the harsh words down. His cruel eyes were as serious as day itself. He wasn't kidding.

How dare he threaten me?

Gritting my teeth, I walked back towards the car as he extended his arm towards it, smirking down at me cruelly. Tears formed in the back of my eyes, my mind yelling at me to not cry. I gulped down the storm of emotions rising in me as everything caught up to me.

I was destinied to be soulmate of a man that every sensible man on earth feared.

My father was okay with killing me. Without any remorse.