c h a p t e r - 5

That's our main girly btww. With blue eyes though obvii

Not proofread because I'm tired and I have a headache <3 Read at your own risk!!!!! *insert fairy emojis here*

* * * * * * *

"No, I changed my mind. I can't wear that!"

"Yes, Alyssa, you can. You'll look hot. Put on the dress."

"You can't make me!"

"Actually...I can," Meredith said, throwing the long, red satin dress in my face and shoving me into the bathroom. "Hurry up, I'll be waiting to finish your makeup."

I groaned, leaning me head against the door, feeling another pounding headache coming on. "You're awful."

"Uh huh. Yeah. Less talking, more changing. Chop chop, we're on a schedule here!" Meredith called through the door.

I sighed and held the dress up against me, turning to face the mirror.

It's gorgeous, I'll give her that. But I can't wear it. I just can't.

I walk over to the closet and pull open the door, only to be stopped by Meredith's voice again. "Close the door Alyssa Marie. Put. On. The. Dress."

"Oh, for the love of God," I muttered, scowling at the gorgeous piece of silk. "You're gonna be the death of me, I swear."

Not in the mood to prolong the obviously inevitable, I undress out of my school clothes and change into the dress. I instantly despise how beautiful if feels.

I look in the mirror again, slipping into the silver strapped shoes Meredith picked out. Everything fits together so nicely.

I hate it.

"Alright. If you don't come out in the next thirty minutes, I'll bust the door down without hesitation...woah," She trailed after I threw open the door in frustration. She grinned at me, looking me up and down in approval. "You look hot."

Since my hair was still pin-straight from school, Meredith just decided to keep it how it was. She gave me a pair of ruby earrings to wear in my second hole and a pair of medium sized golden hoops in my first whole, as well as a gold necklace with a ruby center. She said that I could still wear my gold ring from my mom.

"But that's the problem!" I said, throwing my hands up in the air. "I just wanted to look good enough for dinner, not for a dinner party."

"Yeah, sorry, but I'm just slightly confused why you don't like it. I mean, you look absolutely gorgeous."

I sighed, the miss-placed hostility leaving my body. She doesn't know. There's no reason I should be frustrated. She doesn't know.

"You're right. I'm sorry, I'm just...I don't know. I think I'm gonna start my period soon," I said, the lie slipping easily through my teeth. "It really is a beautiful dress."

She smiles softly in understanding, buying my excuse. "Come on, let's finish your makeup and then get you downstairs before you and Matt are late."

I walk over to the vanity and sit down while she touches up my makeup from today.

I have to look nice for tonight, and I get it. I really do.

There's going to be a lot of cameras, so I need to look my best for them. It's stupid, but I can't give the news any reason to hate my father, or anything to use against my father. They'll take something like, me showing up to completely normal dinner with dad, into some major scandal and he can't have that. He needs to keep his record clean.