As I closed my eyes still in wonder at this sudden fascinating discovery, I couldn't help but wonder what ajja wanted to discuss with Juhi today post the dinner. And with that thought in mind I drifted into sleep with the tiredness of the eventful day weighing me down.

*****************************************************************************************

As I reached the dining hall the next morning, I saw Juhi and Sandeep already eating as they discussed something, " Where's Dr.Arvindha Vijayanthi ma?" I asked out of curiosity, " Oh Arvindha had to leave early as it was the first day at camp Dhruv." She replied.

As I nodded my head, I remembered ajja had asked her to stay under disguise and questioned the same to Ma. She told me all that had been taken care of and not to worry about it. As I took my seat next to Sunny, " Oh oh bro last night I was just teasing you about Arvindha but now I'm wondering if you actually like her!" He said and Juhi looked at me as if asking me to explain.

" Arey Juhi don't listen to him, and Sunny get your head straight it's just my duty and I could never like her!" I said exasperated at his teasing and this time Juhi was the one to question me,
" Why can't you like her?"

Seriously! Was she asking me that?, " Come on Juhi don't take his side now."

" I'm not Dhruv. Just curious. Why not? "

"Isn't it obvious cause she looks like you Juhi."

" That's your reason? " Juhi countered as if it wasn't valid.

When I just continued eating she asked, " But I am me and Arvindha is her. So I don't see the real problem, our personalities are completely different. I just met her today morning personally and she's nice and kind and she even helped with my morning exercise. Right Sunny? " she said as she looked at Sunny and he nodded his head in agreement.

" Juhi whether I like her not, is not the point here, plus she was a spy in my eyes when we just met yesterday, you two stop being ridiculous. Plus what I want to know is, what ajja discussed with you yesterday after dinner Juhi?" I asked.

Juhi immediately became silent, whereas Sunny looked distracted, "Juhi what did ajja say yesterday?" I asked again.

This time Sunny spoke up, " Ajja has proposed an idea and asked Juhi to carry it out bro, we were discussing the same just before you came. "

"What is the matter Juhi ? Why do you guys look so disturbed? "

"Ajja wants Arvindha to hold a press conference in my place Dhruv. And he asked me to convince Arvindha." Juhi replied and I was shocked out of my wits.

How could ajja even think of this? It's just not right and against the royal rules, to have an outsider carrying out royal duties.

I need to discuss this with ajja and dad, I'm sure dad will see reason. The rest of the breakfast went as usual. After both Juhi and Sunny left, I went towards ajja's study and entered upon receiving permission.

Dad too was there and they seemed to be discussing about the weapon trade between Medhinapur and Hassan. This weapon trade has given a strong sense of bonding with the royals of Mysore since the last three generations of Mitra dynasty.

As ajja saw me he smiled, while dad made eye contact when me as if already knowing why I was there.

" Ajja why did you ask Juhi to convince Dr.Arvindha to represent her in the royal press conference? How could you even think about risking a common citizens life for our requirements? Dad how could you allow ajja to take this decision?"

"Dhruv it was Omshankar (Dhruv's dad) who suggested this to me." Ajja said and for the second time that day I was stunned.

"Dad didn't you always tell me to protect the common public and not ever use innocent people, for royal gains? Then how come you suggested this, despite knowing Arvindha is innocent here?"

"Dhruv I understand you're concerns and yes what I've taught is always what i strongly believe, but Dhruv Arvindha won't be innocent in this forever. Her identity can't be just covered with a disguise and people have already seen seen her. I discussed with the other ministers and people have speaking about spotting the princess near the bus stand. It won't be long before Raghuveer gets the sniff of rumours. And you know Raghuveer won't let an opportunity like this go to make the public protest against us. Plus the time we mentioned is beyond over and something has to be done Dhruv."

" So you want to use Arvindha to save the palace?"

" Dhruv, I'll tell you this much, the bad blood between the royals and the politicians of Medhinapur has always been there, but ever since the alliance between Juhi and Raghuveer's son Rohan was broken, Raghuveer has turned even bitter, and Juhi's parents death is a proof to that. "

My hands were shaking at the mention of Raghuveer and his son, that alliance for peace treaty shouldn't have happened in the first place, but Juhi's dad wanting a better future for his people, promised Juhi's hand in marriage to Rohan, but in the end the alliance was broken when Raghuveer greedily asked for the Royal Throne as a dowry in the wedding.

It was a chaos when that happened, but then Raghuveer extracted revenge in the form of killing Juhi's parents. But I've not been able to find evidence to all his crimes and put him behind bars.

I was pulled out of my thought when ajja patted me on the shoulder, " But should we really risk Arvindha's life in this ajja? "

" I know son, I understand your sense of duty as the Chief Commissioner of police, but for now I ask you to only be the Royal Commander in Chief and protect Juhi now. I ask for your forgiveness for being a selfish old man." Ajja said while holding my shoulders.

Shaking my head I responded, " Ajja I have sworn over the late queen and king that I'll protect Juhi and the Royal throne with my life and if you think this is right, then I'll abide by your command ajja. But in return I also ask you not to harm a commoners life."

"Dhruv that's why we've decided you'll be Dr.Arvindha's protector, cause once she's exposed to the public, threat to her life is inevitable. But I believe my son can protect her. I know Sandeep will always shadow Juhi's footsteps and that too she'll be within the safety of the palace, but Arvindha Dhruv will be your responsibility son." Dad said while he stood before ajja and I.

" We both have discussed the pros and cons of this decision and have come to this conclusion Dhruv. Arvindha will be here till one year for her medical duty and this will also give Juhi the time to recover fully, so once when Arvindha leaves Juhi will replace her and no one will know. Now I want you to discuss this with the others and get their approval. I'm thinking of holding the press conference next week. "

" I'll do my best to see all this works without any trouble Ajja and dad, I'll leave now. Saying this I left towards my cabin to make arrangements as per ajja's wish.

Do comment, vote and share!
The star button is not far, please vote and help me get this story noticed.
Do share this story, if you've come so far.
A lot more to be revealed, and lot more romance coming your way!
Stay tuned fellas

 A lot more to be revealed, and lot more romance coming your way!Stay tuned fellas✨