Chapter Sixteen

It was quite amusing but annoying that the guys had now been on tour together for about a week, going on their second and they already were ignoring each other and killing each other through their eyes. It was going to be a long tour.

Watching Guns N' Roses finish up as the opening band, Duff raced off of the stage just after they had given their final bows. I was only here watching them because both Duff and Steven had asked me to watch them play. And of course I didn't deny, I quite enjoyed their music and I honestly was sick of being around angry band members. Mötley Crüe was either bitching and staring daggers at Guns N' Roses or they were drinking/smoking and sulking. I had never really seen the guys this way and due to myself attempting to get them to enjoy themselves and lift their moods, I had given up. Well not entirely, as I thought if they saw me having a good time with Steven and Duff, that may change their minds.

"How'd we do?" Duff questioned.

"Just brilliant." I reply with a smile. Duff, dripping of sweat; grabbed my shoulders and pulled me in for a hug; his clothes basically drenching my dry ones.

"You're all sticky and wet." I mutter against his chest.

"Feels good." He rubbed his sweaty arms all over me.

"Ew." I giggle. Duff removed himself from my arms and not even half a second later Duff was replaced by Steven who was sweatier. He was like he had just been under a hose, it was gross but I didn't mind. I had been hugged by the guys in Mötley Crüe when they were sweaty like this. I learned to put up with it.

My eyes darted towards Axl, Slash and Izzy who were now walking towards the exit of the stage, eying Steven who was now hugging me. Slash and Izzy looked more or less confused but Axl didn't seem fazed; instead he looked in at me strangely, like he had a hint of jealousy. Poor singer was annoyed that I was hugging both his bass player and drummer. Obviously he didn't get enough attention from the two blondes. Not enough bromance

"Sorry, I'm basically drenching you of sweat." Steven sheepishly smiles pulling back.

"It's okay, I've already got Duff sweat on me, I wouldn't think it would make a difference now. Oh, you did a great job out there Steve! Good on you." I say causing Steven's grin to grow, looking just like a student had been congratulated by their teacher after a good score.

My hand was suddenly yanked back, pulling my entire body away from Steven and Duff completely; I stumbled slightly but soon found myself in front of Nikki who looked irritated.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Nikki hissed, looking over my shoulder. The rest of Mötley Crüe began to scatter onto the stage, passing Guns N' Roses; giving them very dirty looks.

"What do you mean?" I reply back in the same tone of voice.

"Why in gods name are you hanging around blondie one and two? They're apart of Guns N' fucking Roses! They are the reason to your pain!" Nikki looked furious. I couldn't really blame him, he was trying to protect me after all. But he didn't seem to comprehend that Steven and Duff hadn't done anything to me, it was only half of the band who had hurt me that day. He just continued to think if they're all in the same band, no matter what; they all were in on the bullying. But that's not the way it went that day.

"Nikki I've told you! Steve and Duff were always good to me! They were good to me that day years ago, it was just the others. Duff and Steven didn't deserve to be beaten. And I believe you, Mick, Tommy and Vince should at least make up with those pair. So what if they're apart of the same band, they did no harm and I am friends with them." I cross my arms over my chest after I had shook my wrist of his grip.

Nikki growled, but continued to stare into my eyes.

"I just don't want to see you hurt. I'm afraid it will happen again. And seeing you the way you were a couple of eyes back killed me." Nikki leans forward and pulls me in for a hug. His eyes had grown soft. "And I'm sorry for pulling on your arm, I didn't know what else to do. Wish us luck?" Nikki whispers to me over the cheering. His attitude had changed within only seconds, did I finally get it through his head?

"Good luck Nikki." I get onto my tippy toes in the hug and kiss his cheek.

Nikki pulled away, smiling like an idiot before he gave me a wink and walked away, through the middle of Guns N' Roses, grabbing his own bass on the way through.

Turning around and watching Duff and Steven being questioned by the rest of the members, Axl took his attention off of Duff, talking quietly to him whilst staring at me. Suspiciously staring back at the strawberry blonde singer, I watched as he closely spoke. Not taking his eyes off of me once.

Izzy shook his head and left their small gathering by the stage and began to walk pass me, holding a blank face.

"Thanks for watching us play tonight, appreciate it." Izzy mutters to me before he brushes pass, his eyes flickering to meet mine.

"No worries, you did good." I reply hesitantly at first.
Izzy stopped in his paths as son as he was beside me, facing the opposite direction. His eyes dropped to the ground, and the side of his lip peaked into a small smile. "Thanks." And with that he left.

Not long later Axl, Slash and Steven walked pass me; both Slash and Axl staring at me hard whilst Steven gave me his childish grin and a cheeky wink.

Returning the smile to Steven, I slowly trotted back towards the edge of the stage, standing by Duff's side.

"They're a good band, producing good music." Duff says scratching his chin. Mötley had just finished off their intro song of the night and of course they began to play Wild Side.

"Yeah they really are, you know at one stage a couple of years ago, before your band hit the jackpot. You guys were actually my all time favourite band, even more then my love for The Angels. But that soon changed after I met those blokes." I sighed.

"It changed after what happened, you were there for us at the very beginning. Now that I think back, I can remember you being at every gig we played. Supporting us, and then that night Axl, Izzy and Slash had to be total assholes to you. It's quite ashame, who knows where you and us guys would of ended up. Because I liked you when I first saw you and so did Steve, you were decent, you weren't there for sex or drugs, you only approached us to tell us how much you enjoyed our music. But the rest were being fuckwits. And I'm truly sorry about that, I wish I could take back everything they said, and FYI I didn't tell you this but, so does Axl, Slash and Izzy. They sure as hell realise that they fucked up." Duff nudges my side.

"A bit late now don't you think?" I say looking up at Duff.

"Yeah maybe, and I know you have every right not to forgive them, but it's better late then never isn't it? They're good guys and they only wish to apologise and be able to get to know you better, just as Steven and myself have. They just want you to take the time to give them a chance."

Duff did in a way have a point, why shouldn't I? If I really wanted them all to get along, then it basically me who really needed to start getting along with Guns N' Roses first. I needed to forgive them in order for Mötley Crüe to also. It was annoying and hard, but that was the stone cold truth.
It wasn't the challenge of getting them to get a long, it was a challenge for myself to do in order for everything to fall nicely in place. I had to sort my own shit out with them first before I try and fix up the relationship between the bands.