02- work

Kailey

It was the end of the first week so Taylor and I were celebrating by having a movie marathon. We planned on watching The Maze Runner trilogy before we went to bed. Not only did it have a good plot, but it also had Dylan O'Brien. That man is very attractive.

I got cozy under all my blankets as Taylor came back from the kitchen carrying the popcorn. She pressed play and I put my full attention on the TV. After the boys in the glade approached Thomas, Taylor screamed.

"OMG I JUST REALIZED" She yelled while pointing to the TV.

"Just realized what?" I asked, "We've seen this movie at least five times. What could you possibly just now realize?"

"That's it!" Taylor said, "That's who he reminds me of!!!"

"Who?" I asked, having no idea what she was taking about.

She started typing on her phone and asked me to pause the movie on Newt's face. When I was done, she showed me her phone.

"This is Tommy. Do you remember that British steamer I watched for like a month last year? This is him" She told me while pointing to the picture of his face, "He reminded me of someone and I couldn't think of who. It really bothered me but now I realize it was Newt."

"Oh" I said looking back and forth from her phone to the TV, "Yeah I guess they look alike."

"You guess? I mean they're also both British and really funny."

"Anyway, back to the movie" I said hitting play on the remote.

This is going to contain spoilers so if you want to avoid them... skip to the bolded text!!!

Throughout the first two movies, we talked about how hot Thomas, Newt, and Minho looked. It was almost 1 am when we started the third movie.

We have seen this movie countless times but we still cried when Newt died. Even though we were in love with Thomas, Newt was definitely our favorite character. We celebrated when Teresa died. We also yelled at Thomas when he chiseled Teresa's name in the rock on the island. We really hated her.

After we put our dishes in the kitchen and folded our blankets, Taylor and I said our goodnights and headed off to our separate rooms. Once I brushed my teeth, I climbed in bed while scrolling through my phone.

Resume here! Kailey is now in bed

I was scrolling through tiktok when I got a notification that someone followed me on instagram. Since I didn't recognize the name, I quickly clicked on the notification.

GeorgeNotFound? Confused, I clicked on his profile but still didn't recognize him. He had quite the following. After looking further into his page I found out he was a minecraft youtuber. Yeah, I definitely don't know him.

I went back to my notifications to see that he liked my post from... 5 months ago? He was definitely stalking my page, but why?

I decided not to follow him back because I wasn't really interested in Minecraft. I refreshed the page and the notification went away. He probably realized his mistake and unliked it but not before I saw.

Suddenly hit with a wave of exhaustion, I realized I should probably go to bed if I wanted to be nice to people tomorrow.

Before turning my phone off for the night, I set my alarm for in the morning and plugged it in. I happily went to sleep that night dreaming of Dylan O'Brian.

**********

My alarm woke me up at 10 am and I dragged myself out of bed to get ready for work. After eating breakfast and getting dressed in my uniform, I made my way out the door.

I've been working at a small diner since the spring semester of my freshmen year. My boss can be a real prick but I have a lot of friends at work to get me through.

I walked in and make my way to the back to put on my apron and name tag. Of course I say hi to my favorite cook, her name is Linda. She makes the best paninis.

"Hey just wanted to give you a heads up Rob totaled his car last night so he isn't in the best mood today" my favorite coworker informed me.

"Thanks Owen. What tables do I have today?"

Owen gestures towards my section of the restaurant and I walk over when I see a family sit down. They all ordered waters making my job easy so I tell them it will be right out.

As I am filling up the water glasses, I ask Amelia how her week was since I haven't worked with her in a while. My boss, Rob, comes over and tells us to stop talking and go check on our tables. I was literally filling up waters as I was talking but whatever. Gotta do what the boss man says I guess.

Once I set all the waters down, I take their orders while the hostess fills the booth next to me. I look over to see Clay sit down by himself. I kinda feel bad for him, I always feel bad when people are eating alone.

I walk over to him to ask what he would like to drink. He glances up and looks annoyed to see me, but I remain as polite as possible. Clay just orders a water and I tell him it will be right out with a super fake smile.

After I put the order in for the family, I fill up another water glass to bring to him. He tells me he is ready to order so I get my notepad out. Clay orders the chicken tacos. Of course he did.

We went through a phase in 4th and 5th grade where that was the only think we ordered when our families ate out together. I rarely order them now because it makes me miss him.

"No lettuce?" I ask, knowing he would always ask for that off.

"Yeah, thanks" he says looking down after handing me the menu.

My shift went by super fast even though Rob kept making rude comments on how I was doing my job. I mean I get it he is the boss, but if I'm filling up sodas how am I supposed to be bringing someone their food at the same time?

Clay left a 25% tip and for a broke college student that was super nice of him. Maybe he doesn't hate me as much as I think he does.