Chapter 10

Gon's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I came rushing back to where Killua and Kai were now standing. That announcement wasn't something to take lightly...for sure.

"We got pretty lucky..we're already very close to the mountain so we shouldn't have a problem getting there on time before the island floods over." Kai speaks up.

"Just let me know if you need help walking!" I say.

He nods and forms a small smile.

We all, including Hisoka, begin heading up the mountain. It's a pretty big mountain so it will probably take a few hours to get to where we need to be.

It's quiet as we was walk. It's an uncomfortable silence..

I sneak a look over at Killua and to my surprise he's looking right back at me. I instantly snap my head back in front. He does the same.

Kai is walking next to Killua and Hisoka is behind all of us.

"So..the announcer said that there was a limit to how many people could go in each entrance that goes inside the mountain." Kai mumbles.

Killua nods. "Lets just hope we won't get split up. After all, the people who we end up with, once we go in those tunnels, will be out team mates. I'd really suck to be on different teams." Killua glances in my direction but I pretend not to notice..

I don't really know what to think right now..I hate this awkward atmosphere. If only he hadent-?!....if he hadent..um...what was he going to do back there...kiss me?

My face starts to turn a slight pink. No no no no no! There's just no way! He wouldnt..? Right..? Why is my heart beating so fast right now?!

I'm snapped out of my thoughts but by a hand grabbing my shoulder which makes me jump.

I turn my head to the side to see Hisoka standing right behind me with his hand grabbing my shoulder. He's smiling...

"You look so lost in thought..what are you thinking so deeply about hmm?"

I look forward to make sure Killua and Kai and farther up and they are. "Well...if I tell you, then you can't tell anyone! Not a single person!" I sputtered.

He grins widely. "Why yes, of course. I won't tell a soul."

I nod. "Um well...I think...I think Killua almost tried to kiss me earlier. You were there...what do you think?"

Hisoka snorts, laughing for a second. "That boy doesn't just want to kiss you, I bet if he got the chance he'd fuck you in a heartbeat." Hisoka beamed.

I stop walking and stare at him. "T..that's a terrible joke....I'm being serious!"

"Oh, but I am too." He says before walking off and catching up with Both Killua and Kai.

I don't move an inch. Killua turns around and looks at how far back I am from the rest of them. "Gon hurry up! You'll get left behind." Killua shouts.

I jump at the sound of his voice and just nod quickly. I quickly run to catch up with them but I still keep my distance.

I try and think about anything else but these insane thoughts keep popping in my head. They are ALL of Killua and I...

2 and a half hours later,

Darkness has swallowed the remaining light up and the moon is illuminating from above. My legs and feet hurt from walking and I can feel blisters forming. All of us are starving and dehydrated.

I can tell Kai is barley managing to hang on. He's now in the back, trailing behind.

My eyes are barley able to stay open. Right as I'm about to say something I notice Killua point out at something. I turn to look at what looks like a shining green light.

We sprint towards this light hoping it's one of those entrances and luckily it is. When all of us have caught up we take a moment to look at it.

There's an open passage that has a smooth stone slide going down but it's to dark to see how far it goes into the mountain. The entrance has a rounded top with the number two brightly shining green on it. Everyone stares at this number. We all know what it means. Only two people are permitted to go through this tunnel.

Kai let's out a soft sigh and is about to speak but I say something first. "Kai you should go in this one first...your injured. And...Killua..go with him please. It'll put me at ease knowing your safe..Hisoka and I will find another one...somewhere.

Killua doesn't wait another second before interrupting. "Absolutely not. You aren't going anywhere with him by yourself and-"

I stop him mid sentence. "Be quiet Killua. I'm not asking you to do this in telling you to do it."

Killua looks a little hurt by this. "You don't understand Gon! There's no guarantee that you could find the other tunnels that lead to the room that this tunnel goes to! We would be on different teams! We have no idea what those crazy people are going to make the team's do to each other." He says panicked.

I can't look him in the eyes right now. He's standing right in front of the entrance so I walk over to him and pull him into a hug. He's confused. I can tell.

Kai knows exactly what I'm about to do. "W..wait Gon dont-!!" He shouts.

Its too late.

I place my right hand on his chest and push him to where he falls down on the slide and disappears into the darkness. I can hear him yelling my name and it gets quieter and quieter until there's silence.

Both Kai and Hisoka have a shocked look on there faces, unable to comprehend what just happened.

"Its your turn Kai. Get going. "I mumble.

"That was awful Gon..." Kai says with furrowed brows.

"He wouldn't have listened to me..he's to stubborn."

"No..your the stubborn one. you've got to put your self in his shoes. He was just worried for you. He just didn't want to get separated again."

My lip quivers and I turn my face away from Kai.

"Make it up to him and go with him. I'll be fine. It won't be hard to find another entrance." Kai puts on a smile.

"No! Stop acting like your ok...your not." I whine.

Kai sighs and walks closer to me and sets a hand on my shoulder. "Do you really want Killua to feel like crap? He's probably hating himself right now for leaving you again. Your so dense sometimes it actually hurts to watch you."

"I didn't want to have to do this but looks like I don't have a choice. I'll see you again. I promise." Kai says.

My eyes widen. "W..wait n..no-"

Before I can say another word Kai pushes my shoulder and I fall onto the slide and slip down into the darkness. The last thing I see before being swallowed in the dark is Kai walking away with a saddened expression on his face.

"Aww man. I was actually looking forward to some alone time with Gon. " Hisoka whines to Kai.

"Just shut it..." Kai warned.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I'll post more chapters with weekend!

THANKS FOR READING AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT ✌