Chapter 7

Gon's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I stare at Killua waiting for him to tell me what his plan is. At the same time, I have a bad feeling in my gut.

"If your plan has any thing to do with-" He cuts me off sharply.

"Do you want to save him or not?" He demands.

I advert my attention away from Killua and back at Kai. He looks like he's in so much pain..

"I...need.....i...need....t..to find......my..sister." Kai struggles to even speak at this point.

I turn back to Killua with concerned eyes. "I do want to help him.."

Killua nods. "Ok..then, I'm going too have to go down there and get that creature to follow me away from this tree so you can carry Kai down. After you get down from the tree, head straight towards the mountain and on your way look for any sort of water source." Killua tells me.

I shake my head frantically. "What about you!"

He forces a slight smile on his face. "Don't worry about me..I'll be ok. Once I have gotten the creature far enough away, I'll get away from it and come right back to you, ok?"

My lip quivers slightly. "If your not back in 2 hours I'm going after you.."

He sighs. "Ok.. I'll be off now. Make sure you go as fast as you can. Kai's life depends on it.

I nod. Killua leans forward and looks down at the creature. As soon as it looks like he's about to slide down the tree, I grab his arm and pull him into a hug. My whole body is shaking now. "Be careful."

"Like I said, don't worry." After that he quickly starts sliding down the tree. when he gets about half way down the tree, he pushes himself off and jumps in the air right over the creature. It tries to claws at him while he goes over but misses. The moment Killua hits the ground he breaks out into a sprint. The creature makes that hideous screeching sound again before going after Killua.

I look away and take a deep breath. I need to do this....

I pick up Kai and put him on my back. I grab one leg to secure him and the other hand to slide down the tree. When I touch the ground I put the other hand under Kai's other leg and start running in the direction of the mountain just like Killua told me.

As I'm running, I turn my head and check if I can still see Killua but they are no longer in sight.

I turn my head back and focus on finding water. As of now it doesn't look like I'm in luck.

Kai groans out and clasps his side again due to the pain. "Don't worry Kai...just stay with me."

I desperately scan my surrounding over and over again. When I start getting closer to the mountain I here something that sounds like it could be a water fall.

"This is good....really good."

I pick up my pace and almost trip over some rocks on the way.

10 minutes later, I come into view of this huge water fall coming from an edge of the mountain that's pouring into a medium sized watering hole. The water is very blue and looks fresh.

I run to the edge of the water and step in. It feels really good! After I'm in I lower Kai's body in As Well.

"Ag....it burns..." Kai mumbles quietly.

I sigh in relief that we made it here.

After relaxing for just a moment I help Kai clean out his wound. Good...he's looking a little better than before.

I notice Kais eyes on me. "What is it?"

He manages form a smile on his face. "T..thank you...for helping...me."

"Of course! Without you I wouldn't have found Killua.."

His facial expression changes into a frown. "But now..because of me..you are separated again.."

I advert my eyes away from him. "He'll come back...I just know he will."

After staying in the water for a while longer we eventually decide to get out. I check on Kai's wound and luckily for him the bleeding has stopped.

"You should be alright now. I'm going to wait here with you for 2 hours and if Killua isn't back by then, I'm going to
lol for him."

Kai nods. "Yea.."

"Um so..what's Your sisters name?" I ask randomly to start a conversation.

"Oh..her names Everly. She's 14...and all by her self out there. I was really hoping she wasn't going to be here, but since you and Killua came together...that must mean she's here as well." He sounds heart broken as he speaks.

I look away from him. "She'll be ok..."

"I hope so."

2 and a half hours later
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I'm constantly pacing back in fourth waiting for Killua to get back.

"Gon. It's only been 30 minutes past the time he was supposed to be back."

"Whys it taking him so long? What if he's  injured or.....or.... "

Kai is sitting right next to me and he puts a hand on my shoulder. "Gon. Wait another 30 minutes before going out to look. He could come back while your gone."

"I guess your right." I say I'm defeat.

"Just try and-"

Before Kai can say anything else he's cut off by the loud sound of a voice coming from some sort of speaker.

[ "Attention attention. Hello my dear contestants! As some of you probably realised, there was not an announcement at 7pm last night due to some...circumstances. That also means no one was chosen to disappear! So right now, 2 people will be chosen! One for yesterday and one for today. That will take place directly after this broadcast. Also, the total number of deaths has reached 35. Good luck to the remaining 65!" ]

There's the sound of static and then silence.

After the message my eyes dart straight at Kai. We both blurt 2 different things at the same time.

"Killua!"

"Everly!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Okie doki! That's chapter 7 for ya!

THANKS FOR READING AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT! ✌