ғᴏᴜʀ | ᴛʜᴇ sᴇɴᴀᴛᴏʀ's ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes at him and fixed my gaze back on...nothing in particular.

It's your fault.

"Leave me alone, Kanye." I sighed.

"But I just got here!" He whined like a little child and I could swear that he had done that silly pout before speaking.

"Seriously, fuck off." I nudged him hard this time and he winced. His presence was starting to get irritating.

"Just leave her be, K." Oma's monotone voice came up behind us. We simultaneously turned to her.

"Sister!" He called out grinning from ear to ear.

Ugh!

The DaCosta twins are of the opposite gender, but still shared looks like identical twins ought to. Oma gave off this minx, bad girl vibe, and could sometimes be as cold as fuck. But her twin was the exact opposite.

I was looking at him and his eyes were lit up with so much excitement, while Oma looked so indifferent, like she was tired of him.

"Stop that bullcrap, Kanye. Seriously." She gave him a dead-ass serious look, but Kanye only laughed it off.

"I get the hint that it's girl bonding time, but don't forget we're ditching today." He winked at Oma who winked back in response.

Did I forget to add one thing they had in common aside from looks?

Being total rebels.

"I'll catch up with you later, Damz." I rolled my eyes at the stupid name, as he bumped fists with Oma's and ran off.

"Stop running you, dimwit!" Oma yelled at him and groaned loudly. "I'm not in the mood for any emergency today." She muttered.

"How do you cope?"

"What?" She asked. I could feel her gaze on me as I allowed my eyes to wander anywhere and everywhere.

"How do you cope with the reality of your brother taking all the attention? How does it feel?"

"Well, Kanye's condition is very critical, and my parents made sure I was aware of that. Even as a little child, I was aware that if anything should happen to him, I would lose him."

But he didn't make sure she was aware of that.

"Did you ever get jealous or feel left out?"

"Yes. There were days when I got extremely jealous and felt like he was their favourite child. But then, I remember that if he wasn't given that proper and close attention, things could go wrong."

"Wow. Who knew Oma had some sense like this?"

We turned our heads back at the sound of the voice to see Zina standing with her arms around her books, hugging them close to her chest, like she was protecting something precious and worth more than diamonds.

"Fuck you." Oma simply said and looked away from the petite girl who just chuckled, walked around and forced herself to sit in between me and Oma.

"What is up, Dami?" She placed her books on her thighs.

"The sky," I replied dryly.

"Isn't it obvious?" She smiled at me.

"Hugo has been searching for you," Oma spoke up after furiously tapping her phone screen for some seconds.

A confused look was etched on Zina's face as she placed a hand on her chest. "Me? Why?"

Oma rolled her eyes at her. "Figure it out yourself Einstein." Then she averted her gaze from Zina to the open space in front of us.