ᴛᴇɴ | ʀᴇᴠᴇɴɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴜɢɢᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs

~what's life without a little bit of revenge?~

⊱𝙹𝙸𝙳𝙴𝙽𝙽𝙰 𝚃𝚈𝚁𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙺𝙰𝙻𝚄⊰

~~•~~

"Fuck you, Ty." A pillow hit me shortly after those words were said.

"You are way too feisty today. Not that you're not feisty on a regular day. But today, you're just too extra."

Seated with me in my room for the past 3 hours, is my one and only female best friend, and one of the few humans I will ever allow to hurl cuss words at me for 3 minutes straight.

Vanessa Emilia Alfredo. 

And we go way back.

Vanessa had just joined our school in primary 4 and gained the admiration of everyone in school. Especially the school staff. I don't know if it was because of her genius or her foreign nationality. But everyone adored her, and she used it to her advantage.

The way she carried herself for someone her age fascinated me, and I remember excitedly ranting to Kc and Nonso about her after school every day.

You would not believe my joy when the little white girl with a mass of curly hair walked up to me and told me the following three words,

'Be my friend.'

I was beyond elated and the entire household didn't hear the end of it.

We were like two peas in a pod and even planned on attending the same secondary school. But it all went down the drain when my Dad had my Mum enrol me in another school. Despite all my pleas and tantrums, I ended up in LIC. 

His decision wasn't that bad anyway. Turns out that the change of schools didn't affect I and Vee's friendship. We remained tight.

"If someone hadn't stepped on my toes, I wouldn't be."

"Someone like literally stepped on you?"

"Yes." She slammed the pen she was twirling in her fingers on the table. "The demented idiot wasn't looking and stepped on me. Did I speak Greek?"

"Wait let me get this straight. You are angry because someone stepped on you?"

All I got was a glare. "Don't vex me further, Ty."

I chuckled. Girls and being so fucking extra.

"So what are you going to do about Jude?" She asked as she picked up her phone and began to scroll through it. Her mood had changed like she wasn't just pissed a second ago.