4. Lucky Day

(This day is split into two parts. 4th and 5th are both parts of the same day.)

James' POV

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groaned and attempted to throw a pillow at the nastily offending object that tried to wake me up.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

There it went again.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Ugh, for God's sake, SHUT UP!" I yelled at the alarm clock. I got up and turned it off. I pulled at random clothes from my trunk and waltzed into the bathroom. I took a shower, shampooed, brushed my teeth all in 5 minutes.

"James, are you ready?" A voice called out.

"Yes, I'm ready, Lily!" I swung my bag over my shoulder and ran to meet Lily.

She was tapping her foot impatiently, looking as gorgeous as ever. Her hair was atop her head in a messy bun. Her brilliant emerald eyes were sparkling with the thirst to know more about the magical world. Her uniform and robes were neatly ironed. She was wearing black ballet flats. I took in her beauty and said, "Good morning, Lily. How are you?"

She smiled brightly and replied, "Good morning. I'm good. Shall we go?" I nodded and opened the painting.

"After you, M'lady." Lily chuckled and rolled her eyes, nonetheless exiting the dormitory first. I shut the door softly and followed. We entered the Great Hall and took our separate seats at the Gryffindor table.

"What's up today, Sirius?" I asked brightly, helping myself to bacon, eggs, toast, and a cup of tea.

"What do you mean? Studying, of course. And a prank on the snakes." Sirius grinned mischievously, helping himself to my toast.

"Hey! Get your food!" I said indignantly, swatting his hand away.

"Why ever would I do that, Prongs?" He winked at me. Before I could respond, Remus and Peter muttered their greetings and took their seats. They helped themselves to breakfast.

"So, should we prank the snakes today?" Padfoot asked hopefully, excitement alight in his eyes.

"Yeah, I suppose." Remus shrugged. We all stared at him in bewilderment. He raised his eyebrows in question.

"Who are you, what have you done with Remus Lupin, and how did you get close enough to him to get his hair for Polyjuice?"

Sirius asked, gaping. Remus just smirked in response and winked at us.

"So, what are we going to do? Turn their robes Gryffindor colors?" Peter asked, furrowing his eyebrows. (As much as I hate it, I had to add him.) We all pondered over it until Sirius jumped with excitement.

"What?" We asked him in unison.

"We could sneak into their common room tonight and turn their shampoos pink and blue." We nodded, telling him to continue.

"It won't affect Snivelly because he has never washed his hair once in his entire life. He will be the only one to come in with his normal hair, indicating he was the one who pranked them, resulting in his detention." Sirius finished proudly. We all grinned, imagining the idea in our heads. A throat cleared behind us. We turned to see Professor McGonagall holding out our schedules.

"Alright there, Minnie?" I asked her, flashing her my signature smile. She rolled her eyes, moving onto others, though she couldn't conceal her smile. My schedule was-