16. A p-a-r-t-a-y!

(continued)

James' POV

I was inconsolable. Lily had wanted to be Sirius' partner more than mine. Sure, we got to work along during head duties, but she didn't choose to do that. She was forced to work with me. I sighed sadly and looked around.

Some time ago, Remus had insisted we do our homework, so that's exactly what we didn't do. Sirius and Lily had gone to plan for their prank, Marlene was flipping through a Witch Weekly magazine, Mary had gone to the kitchens, Remus was reading a book (giant eye roll), Alice was with Frank, and Peter was Merlin-knows-where. Come to think of it, he was acting very strange lately. I wonder why. 

"Come on, guys! You're so boring! Let's do something fun!" I begged.

"Like what?" Marlene questioned.

"A party?" I  suggested.

"YES! A p-a-r-t-a-y!" Sirius cheered, coming in through the portrait hole with Lily. She nodded and grinned. Others agreed, too.

"Food and drinks are on the marauders, but hear our side of the story first," Sirius said, smirking. Lily laughed and swatted Sirius on the arm. A pang of jealousy shot through me.

"Okay, so, I may or may not have used passably good comebacks to Selena Swift's face." She said, sitting next to me.

"Are you kidding me, Lily-Pad? Passably good? They were top-class comebacks!" Sirius whooped.

"No, they weren't, Sirius," Lily argued.

They bickered on like an old married couple. It hurt.

"Okay, cheers and joy, now about that party." Marlene raised her eyebrows. 

"Don't you worry about that! What are we here for?" Remus spoke up.

"Dress up party-like. That's all you need to do, McKinnon." Sirius said, winking.

"The sexual tension in the air is killing me." Remus groaned.

Sirius and Marlene simultaneously picked up pillows and threw them into Remus's face.

"Even more proof." Remus grinned. If looks could kill, he would have been six feet under by the look Marlene sent him. 

"Okay, Marlene, let's go before somebody is assassinated in this room." Lily got up, took Marlene's hand and walked out of the Heads' dormitory portrait, but not before mouthing 'good job' at Remus.

"Well, time for an excursion to Hogsmeade, boys," I said and grinned, getting up and taking out my invaluable Invisibility Cloak.

A/N

Hey peeps! I'm back for a day! We're close to 3k! It was all because of my brilliant readers! In celebration, here's a small chappy!

I wanted to ask, are you comfortable with swearing? 'Cause I'm pretty sure the Marauderettes and Marauders swore like sailors! Write in the comments.

Also, if you have any ideas for this story or just want someone to talk to, my PMs are ALWAYS open.

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting!

Love y'all!

-JilyLover18♥♥♥♥♥