I force another smile and nod.

Arianna walks to us, throwing a fake sweet grin at Jeffry's direction before turning to me, "A minute?"

I quirk an eyebrow, but before I get the chance to utter anything she locks her arm with mine and we saunter towards the doorway.

We stroll out and down the hallway, getting a few doors away. She halts and turns to me, concern lining her features.

"Are you cool with it?" she questions.

Unable to stop, a toothy smile breaks on my face.

"I'm serious! If not, I'll send a text to Adi and he'll come up with an excuse, and we'll be rid of them,"

"It's fine," I assure her, beaming. It still surprises me how caring and considerate she is.

She sighs, "I won't leave your side, and if I did and someone sa-"

I giggle, "I'll tell you. You've said that over a hundred times." In a firm and reassuring tone, I add, "it's alright," they are your friends. I don't want to be the reason to not let you hang out together, even if it means becoming an outcast again.

"Okay," she nods, raising her index finger up, pointing at me, "but if you don-" she begins, but I interrupt her.

I grin, "I know!"

She beams, "You're a badass nerd,"

I mirror her and we return to the suite.

As we step in, Adrien is closing the balcony door behind himself.

His gaze lingers on us, Arianna nods. His eyes move to me, staying for a second too long before focusing on others.

"So?" Calvin pushes.

Adrien plops down on the chair, "It's there," he announces. Everyone in the room, except me, Arianna and Jeffry, cheer.

"Let's hit the club!" Olivia jumps up and no one objects.

I hope Arianna doesn't force me to join them.

✈︎ ✈︎ ✈︎

I place my elbow on the cool marble table, and rest my chin on my palm, as I tap my other hand's fingers on the surface. The lighting hurts my eyes, but I guess it doesn't bother those who are dancing. The music is thundering, I can sense its vibration inside my skull.

Arianna persuaded me to accompany them. She has an interesting way of making others do what she wants.

I stare at the drunk dancers and allow my mind to wander to the past few days spent in Paris and Amboise. So far, traveling these two cities has been the best part of the trip. I was tempted to pay a visit to my caregiver, the lady who taught me French and was always with me. She started teaching me the piano a few weeks before my fourth birthday and had to return to Paris when I was ten. Her dad had fallen ill. I visited her when we came here, I was thirteen. She was ecstatic when she saw me. I wanted to meet her, but the main obstacle was, I didn't know what to tell her. It might have gotten awkward.

I sigh and shove aside the thought. No use overthinking it now. We're leaving tomorrow morning.

Jeffry approaches the booth in surprisingly steady steps. He did down a shot. Perhaps it hasn't kicked in yet.

He installs himself next to me, facing me, and sets his hand on the table. I lean away from him.

"Why are you here? Come, who sits alone in a night club?" he jokes, his voice loud enough to carry over the blaring music.