18. Jazz clubs.

Stepping out of the car, you slam the door shut out vigorously as anger ran throughout your entire body

Stepping out of the car, you slam the door shut out vigorously as anger ran throughout your entire body. You now stood in front of an old building that had recently been turned into a warehouse. The air felt cool against your skin, as the hair strands dangled in front, framing your face.

You knew you were at the right place, because you knew the history this place had. After all, this is where you met Isabelle. The memory of that night shortly replays in your mind, causing you to slightly smile.

«——————»

Sitting on a stool you had a martini in your hands. You sipped it, looking around to observe your surroundings.

'A girl could never be too careful' You reminded yourself, a saying your mother always used to talk to you about.

You decided to take the night off from your identity as Lady A, and decided to go to a Jazz Club that had just opened up.

It was a good distraction from the reminder that today marked the second year, of your ex-fiancé's disappearance. Or at least that's what you told the people who had asked you.

Sipping on your martini, you hear a argument erupt between a man and woman from the other side of the club.

Turning your head, you listened in for a few minutes before deciding what course of action you would take.

"Jeez leave me alone, I already told you I'm not interested in any favors." The woman says out, her voice wavering in a shaky mannered.

"You know it's a good deal." The man whispers back creepily, now grabbing onto Isabelle's forearm.

Swiftly getting up from your seat, you march your way quickly to where the occurrence was happening, your white-red louboutin heels clicking against the wooden floor. Your heels matched your outfit, a short white satin off shoulder dress that fitted your body in a flattering way.

"She said, Leave her alone." You spit to the man, your tone sharp and threatening.

"Aye, bitch, This is between me and her, mind your damn business." He says, the drunken state in his voice being clearer then ever.

He pushes the side of your shoulder, and you smoothly grip his being away from the frightened woman, slamming his head and body onto an empty nearby table.

You had a good grip on his arm, twisting it up his back as your other hand was placed onto his head.

"I suggest if you know what's good for you, You would fucking leave." You say in a whisper, annoyed of his presence.

"Alright, Alright!" He quickly says, groaning in a state of pain.

Letting up on him, he stumbles back, mumbling curses to the two of you as he makes his way out of the club.

"Fucking asshole" You whisper to yourself, placing your hands onto your waist.

"Thank you." The feminine voice from behind you breaks you from your thoughts as you turn around offering a friendly smile.

She was in a beautiful black sparkly gown that had a slit which showed more skin on one leg then the other.

"No problem."

"Uhm- I'm Isabelle. The performer for tonight. Would you like to get a drink and talk after I'm done?" She says, a small hopeful glint in her eyes.

You weren't typically the type of person who wanted to be close with a lot of people or even had friends for that matter. One drink wouldn't hurt. Would it?

"Sure. And i'm Y/n, Y/l/n by the way." 

She nods her head before sliding next to you, to link your arms with one another. "Let me show you the rest of the place." She adds on, a cheerful voice taking it's place despite what had occurred a few minutes prior.

«——————»

Drawing your gun, you grasp it tightly, keeping it beside you as you tread carefully into the warehouse.

"Helloooo. You know, if you really wanted me, you could have just tried what you already failed at." Your voice bounces off the walls, echoing for what seems to be miles.

Keeping your ears and eyes opened for any sudden sounds besides the clanking of which your black boots made against the floor.

"Stop being a fucking coward and show your face-"

A loud feminine shriek disrupted your taunting, causing you to run towards the noise. It had come from behind a large sliding door.

Using one your hands and foot, you use your strength to kick the door to the side, causing it to fly open.

As soon as you walked in the plain grey room you felt so many different things at once.

It was Dimitri—exactly who you expected as he held a terrified Isabelle to his chest. The metal tip of the gun he had in his hand was pointed at her head.

"Ha. Who's a coward again?" He taunts, as you walked closer to the pair.

Isabelle was in a simple black tank top and grey sweats. You were able to tell that he held her for a few hours but less then a day. You wanted to so badly tell her how sorry you were for getting her involved, but now wasn't the time.

You had to save her, protect her like you should have protected your mother.

Ignoring his question, you finally respond. "Leave her out of this. You know you make for a bad hitman. Couldn't even kill someone right."

You noticed how Dimitri got angrier, his cheeks going red and his posture more tense. "You bitch. Realize I will kill your little friend right here. Then kill you as well."

"Please. Please, Let me go!" Isabelle cries. You couldn't imagine how she felt—confused, angry, betrayed.

"Alright! What do you want? Just let her go." You say, the gun you had brung with you still in your hand. You couldn't risk shooting him as he would be able to shoot Isabelle as well.

"I want you to pay for my partner. She's now locked up because of you-"

"No. She's locked up because she kidnapped and tortures a fucking federal agent. The same one who is chasing me." You cut in, not being able to let him continue talking the complete bullshit he truly believed.

Dimitri got quiet, looking away from as if he something else was more important and needed his undivided attention.

"Consider this payback." He says, and in an instant a  shot rings through the room.

«——————»——————»——————»—————»
Authors Note:

AHHHH SORRY FOR THE CLIFFHANGER BUT ALSO NOT SORRY ;) guys this book has about less then 5 chapters left and i'm so glad you guys are liking it. (i hope you are)  With that said, I do have another book planned out which I will be posting the beginning of soon. Have a nice day or night!

xoxo - bri