𝐀 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

Start from the beginning

But Edward feels confident in this.

He gently takes her face in his icy hands and continues to kiss her, forcing down the real desire he feels with her; to claim her. He uses only half of his energy with Harley, anymore than that can hurt her. His arms drop to her knees, then snake themselves around her torso, pulling her closer to him.

His actions are the cause of Harley's reminder to breathe. Their shared kiss has literally left her breathless, but she doesn't care and decides to ignore her human needs. Edward is her only necessity right now. Her tattooed fingers move to his auburn hair, pulling his face closer to hers as the sun shines into the window and heats up her skin; more specifically, the "Joker 4 Ever" tattoo on her middle finger. She opens a single eye once feeling the hot sun and smiles against his lips. She's going to have to change that. She sinks back into the kiss, feeling him move his hands down to her waist.

And as they're about to deepen the kiss, they feel something wet slide up the sides of their faces. So they pull away from the steamy kiss and look over to find the rescued Australian Shepard panting in the backseat with the other cats and dogs. He barks and nods at something in front of them. They turn, seeing that the bridge is starting to go back down. Edward and Harleen look at one another and erupt into a fit of laughter.

"Edward," she whispers after a moment of laughter, her tone soft and quiet, something he's never heard.

"Yes, Harleen," he answers back, adjusting a strand of blonde hair behind her ear.

"I really liked that," she giggles, her unnaturally ghost-white face now flushed.

She is sweating, the heat of the kiss getting to her, and she knows it would've only gotten worse if their activity progressed. She feels the warmth in her cheeks and her breathing is a bit off, but she likes it.

She feels alive.

He smiles at her, and it seems like his smile the only thing that is pulling her back to earth. "I really liked that too," he responds softly.

For the rest of the day, Harley and him are seen giving out the rescued pets to the people of Forks; friends they've met in town, some of Harley's co-workers from the circus, homeless men and women whom are in desperate need of company, and her boss, Mr. Bobbinsky, and his large, Russian family. More than half of the animals have been adopted, though the other half haven't.. And they need a home, so Harleen will provide.

Edward and her are now back home, walking up the stairs as a herd of cats, dogs and birds excitedly follow them up and into the upstair's hallway. Edward is holding onto a one-year-old, golden retriever with an injured leg, smiling at the blonde as she leads the way. He's never been in this side of house. Whenever he used to visit, he'd either enter through Bella's bedroom window or through the front door and stop at the living room, as demanded by Charlie Swan.

"How did'ya manage to herd the cats," Harley asks out of nowhere, genuinely interested in how he managed to collect the runaway cats.

He chuckles and nods. "Nepeta cataria."

Her face wrinkles into a silly expression, and he laughs out loud. "Nepeta - wha," she asks, her confusion evident.

"Catnip," he answers simply, smiling down at her.

She forms a small "o" shape with her mouth. Then, another question rings through her mind. "And the birds?"