"Ready" my mum says as she locks the gate

"Of course" I say as we start walking. It was only a short walk there but it was a nice walk. We lived in quite an isolated area, I didn't have much of a social life and I know, for a 19 year old that probably wasn't good. But I was satisfied with the life I had, I had a mum,dad, younger brother, an amazing bestfriend, a good enough education to get me by

And a beautiful sunflower field.

Sometimes I even went to this field alone no matter what the weather. I would make my way to the top of the grass hill and sit there as I see a field so yellow it looked like gold. There was loads of sunflowers here and I loved it. I sometimes like to lay back on the ground, especially when it's raining lightly. I like to count the drops of rain that hit my skin as it makes me realise that there was one in a million chances of me being there. So every drop of rain that hit my skin made me realise what a blessing life was.

Or when it was sunny, I would also lay back and watch the clouds go by. Each one that passed by was unique in every way. Sometimes I would lose track of time. Or other times I'd go through the rows of sunflowers and just gently brush the tips of my fingers against the stems and get lost on purpose.

when I went with my mum. It was nice. We talked and laughed. We spoke about things we loved. She always asks me if I learnt any new things to recite, I always had something to tell so the answer was always yes. She never failed to listen to me. She just looked at me with her deep hazel eyes as I talked about the literature and how I chose to interpret it.

"There it is!" She says as she squeezes my hand. She was always so excited to go here. The first ever picture we got together was at this field.

She showed me this picture every day without fail, but that was okay as it was one of my favourite pictures

"It looks busier than normal today" she says inquisitively

"Oh yeah it does" I say as I look into the distance a bit. Maybe some new people were here? I wasn't sure, the only people me and my mum ever saw here were our local neighbourhood which consisted of about 11 people if that. But as I got closer I noticed someone who didn't look so familiar.

I decide to brush it off and open the gate which let us into the field itself.

Me and my mum walk down the rows as we hear the snapping sound of a photo being taken. We never normally had anyone take pictures over here. Again, I decided to brush it off and pick out some sunflowers for the summer.

"You go ahead sweetheart. I'm going to go and start on the strawberry's." She said as she hugs me slightly and retrieves the basket from my hands

"Okay. I'll see you maybe in an hour. Or maybe back home. I have my phone on me." I say

"Okay. Just don't be too long okay."

"I promise."

I walk down the rows a little more, inhaling the flowers sent. It was very strong but soothing at the same time. I keep hearing the sounds of a camera so I decide to follow the sound a bit.

I walk through maybe 5 rows of sunflowers, admiring and picking a few on my way by. I have to brush a few out of my way, not knowing how much farther I had to walk.

That was until my eyes were met with the most beautiful person I'd ever met. I was hidden behind a few sunflowers so he wouldn't of seen me. He looked like a photographer of some sort.

Quite a casual one in a white T-shirt that revealed part of his chest, exposing 2 sparrow tattoos and what looks like the top of butterfly wings. His skin was a golden colour in this light and it made his eyes look like a forest green. He was taking photos of a family. He was trying to make a baby laugh by pulling funny faces and squinting his eyes shut as he did so. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself quietly, he was quite a character.

As I looked deeper into his eyes I remember what my mum said,

"Eyes always tell a story."

He didn't look like an open book, he didn't look like someone who would express how they felt but i can't say much, I've never seen him before. He just looked like someone who got his job done and that was it.

But that didn't matter, his hair was flawless and looked soft. It was a chestnut brown colour that was short on the sides and had some curls on the top. When he was in the shadows his eyes looked a forest green, but when they hit the light they looked like emeralds, eyes I could get lost in. When he smiled dimples popped in both sides of his cheeks, also showing me Pearly white teeth which were perfectly aligned. When he squinted his eyes to make the baby laugh, it caused a crease between his eyebrows and on the sides of his eyes. His jawline looked like a blade that could cut through anyone or anything, and it was clearly highlighted by the piece of gum he was chewing.

There was not one flaw of this man that I could see.

He was beautiful.

I decided to step away and go meet my mum up at the strawberry fields when my phone buzzed.

Mum

•I've headed home sweetie. See you there! Don't be too long please, i'm starting up dinner xx

I shut my phone off and couldn't stop smiling to myself about that man as I head out of the row of sunflowers I was in.

I hope I saw him again one day.

-

A/N: what do we think of the first couple chapters? <3