Chapter 8: Younger Brother

Gabriel's pink eyes roamed around the dim forest, dried leaves would occasionally crunch beneath his bare feet. His arms were behind him, his soft voice hummed a random song as he unhurriedly walked on the path towards his tiny cabin.

Ever since he was reincarnated as one of the novel's villains, Gabriel received nothing but hate. He was beaten nearly to death by his stepmother if his father just didn't step in on the chaos. According to his newest friend, Beryl, his father was actually frightened to lose him. Hearing the good news brought him assurance, there's still hope for him in his world full of despair. Gabriel's life would totally turn upside down if he will live as a young noble boy of a famous household. The result of the events were completely different from the past Gabriel, he did not just have to suffer from everyone's humiliation, he also became a rebel and made a huge mess for the people.

Now thinking about it, Gabriel have decided to change his fate. This is a new start for him, to prove everyone wrong and show them the best that he got. He will make them look up to him, and admire. After all, he's absolutely another soul inside a corrupted body. He wonder, will the plot still be the same after what had happened? Base on the novel, Gabriel never got his father's permission to be one of them and due to hatred, he ran away. He's just a child yet he had suffered enough.

Gabriel sighed, looking up to the ebony sky filled with glittering stars, feeling more relaxed. He just woke up from a one-week coma, and he didn't expect to be homesick. Truth to be told, he terribly misses his normal life with the small happy family. What will happen to their futures now? He wished his family's endless happiness even without him, they must proceed living and move on to take another step of their journey. It's just unhappy to think that Hisashi Tadaomi's adventurous journey had come to an end.

The cold and gentle breeze of the wind brushed Gabriel's porcelain skin, making him slightly shiver. After fifteen minutes, the long white-haired boy reached his destination. Built in the middle of countless tall trees, there stood a small cabin surrounded with ample crops. His alluring eyes brightened because of the view, he never expected that the original owner would put a lot of effort to plant and take care of these. In a good mood, Gabriel approached the varieties of healthy vegetables and fruits. He held a red tomato in his pale hand, delighted to feel its smooth surface. Not long after, his hands were full and there's still plenty of food to pick. Unsatisfied to leave with just a small amount of them, Gabriel placed down what he had harvested earlier and strode towards his cabin to look for a basket.

When he opened the creaky door, he was looking forward to see an empty place, but he was totally mistaken. With the moonlight passing through an open window to illuminate the entire room, Gabriel was able to scan the interior.

A wooden floor covered with thick layers of dust, cobwebs were displayed in every corner, an old bed, a rectangular wooden table with a wooden stool, and a used candle on top of it. He also found a medium shelf filled with different kinds of books. Plainly simple, but enough for a one person to stay in. Dragging his feet towards the dusty floor, Gabriel removed the blanket from the bed and shook off the dust. Nodding to no one in particular, he exited the cabin and noted to himself that he'll go back here to tidy up everything. He returned to his crops and continued to pick various of foods.

It's been a total of twenty-five minutes when he was done from his task. The pink-eyed boy heaved a sigh, wiping away the beads of sweat trickling down from his forehead. Bending over to collect his harvests stuffed inside the blanket, he hung it on his shoulder and began to make his way back to the De Lucialeon's household. He still have enough time to prepare and cook when he gets home, the whole kitchen will be dominated by him.

Feeling giddy inside, Gabriel departed the place and went back to the mansion.

Thirty minutes had passed, the white-haired boy arrived right outside of the familiar gate. He glanced up to it's peak and exhaled, preparing himself to climb up with the additional weight on his shoulders. As quiet as a cat, Gabriel had accomplished to land on his feet without creating any noise. Just like what he did from the start, he stealthily made it inside the leviathan constructed gracefully near the entrance of the forest. Sensing that no one's still awake, he strode through the dark hallways and arrived in the kitchen.