Chapter 3: Reincarnated

Hisashi slowly opened his eyes, groaning in pain. He blinked multiple times to erase the blurriness from his sight, confused about the dim surrounding and strange atmosphere. Something really felt wrong, but he somehow couldn't point it out.

After a few seconds, he suddenly screamed. He remember now! He was crossing the road together with his friends towards the ice-cream parlor when a truck ran to him. He pushed his friends away from the area to keep them safe from the very strong impact, sacrificing himself to take all the damage. There's no time left for him to save himself as his vision turned black. He was probably hit by the truck that technically killed him. He was suppose to be dead right now, but why is he breathing? He doesn't even feel any pain in his body.

Why isn't he in a hospital or something? The place he was currently in looked unclean and dusty. There's only a single round window, a small wooden cabinet, an old nightstand with a half used candle on top of it, a broken full body mirror, and the creaky bed he was laying in. The room was tiny, the space was enough for him to suffocate. The place seemed to be an attic that was now used as a bedroom.

"W-where am I?" He asked to himself, gasping in horror when he heard an unfamiliar voice. It sounds so delicate and soft, he almost mistaken it as a woman's voice. He was one-hundred percent sure that it belonged to him. Did his vocal chords changed after getting hit?

He immediately panicked, rapidly sitting up to cup his body to search for an injury from the incident after he lost consciousness. He was expecting for a bloody hole on his side or broken ribs and all that, but what he got were throbbing bruises and small cuts around his body. Once again, he was extremely puzzled. He wasn't suppose to have these minor injuries after taking the truck's crash, just what in the hell happened?

He glanced out of the window with tears running down his cheeks, it's already dawn and the sun was about to rise. But he didn't care. He was so confused, no familiar faces were seen around him. He certainly missed his family's celebration, he could already imagine his mother's sullen face, his father's disappointment, and his sister's strict look. He didn't even see his friends, they weren't there to check him up if he's all right after saving their lives. If seems like they didn't even care about him if he's alive or dead. Are they worried? Are they angry? Do they care?

Hisashi wiped his tears away, sniffling. He got up from the uncomfortable bed and weakly went towards the full body mirror. He couldn't quite see clear the figure reflecting on the mirror because of the slightly dark surrounding, but the light coming from the lit candle helped him a bit to observe himself. Through the broken mirror, he saw a very beautiful yet damaged child.

His height was considered to be small, probably around five feet. His skin was pale, too pale for his liking. The smooth skin was filled with blue and black, almost no available space for them to be placed. He wore oversized dirty clothes, making him look smaller. He have a straight white hair that reached down to his waist, it doesn't looked bleached, it's natural. He got nice eyebrows, and long lashes that flutter with his every blink. He have a small pointed nose, additional for his heavenly looks. He also have perfect reddish lips, although it was more red with blood coming out from a cut. His frame was petite and slim, which made him look more feminine. But what really caught his entire attention were his eyes, they're gorgeous pair of light pink. He tried poking it out to see if it's contact lenses, yet it was proven to be real. Even with some bruises contrasting his beautiful snow-colored face, overall, his appearance was surely stunning!

Just who is this lovely person staring right back at him on the mirror? He couldn't believe it, is this really him? He was baffled, this isn't him! This is truly another person, yet he was him at the same time.

"Did I die for real?" He whispered to himself, caressing his bruised cheek. He bit his lower lip to prevent another batch of tears coming out of his pink orbs, quietly hissing when his pearly teeth brushed a cut. "Then... I got to live a second life as this boy?"