𝟎𝟐 | 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Dinner." He stared at the wall behind her. Damia could tell he was in lost in thoughts.

"Now?" Damia spoke in a softer tone. So soft it almost sounded like a mild whisper.

"Yes. We're going out on dinner with The Cargills." Damia's father straightened his back at the mention of 'The Cargills'.

Damia's mouth hung open. In such a short notice, she had to get ready. Especially for someone who meant so much to her father.

Harry saw the visible worry on his daughter's face. And bit of...panic.

"Let Daliah help you with that." he said and took a good glance at his wrist watch.

"Okay," Damia managed to speak out. She was still staring wide eyed at her father.

"Time isn't waiting Damia." Harry rose a brow at why Damia was still sitting in front of him instead of running to get ready.

"Oh I....yes." she said and stood up immediately. She walked out of the room. She glanced at her father once more.

"Leave the door open." he put his glasses on and took some papers out of his drawer. "Tell your mother that I summoned her on your way." he said as Damia nodded and quickly left the room.

Rebecca was right outside the door. "Father is looking for you." was all Damia managed to say before storming off.

She didn't wait for any response and sprinted towards her shared room with her sister.

"Dee!" Dali exclaimed with surprise clear in her tone as Damia burst Through the door. "You almost gave me a heart attack," Dali crossed her arms over her chest protectively.

"Not the time for this Dali. Father told me to get ready." Damia quickly opened her closet. Throwing all the dresses she had on the bed next to Dali.

"Why? are we going out? Did father call?" Dali asked while putting her laptop down from her lap.

"We're going to dinner and he's home,"

"What..why is he home now? It's not even seven yet. Is he okay?" Daliah stood up and reached on the corner of the bed beside Damia.

"No it's not that. We're going out for dinner with The Cargills. I think he came home early because of that." Damia held two dresses up as she inspected which one to wear.

"The Cargills," Dali paused for a moment. "Oh my God! Your future in laws! it's tonight! Isn't it?" Dali exclaimed.

"Yes, now help me choose. Which one?" She held up two dresses for Dali to choose. Dali was the more fashion type than her.

"Neither." Dalia snatched the two dress from her sister and threw it on the far side of the bed. "You're going to dinner, not the birthday party of a five year old!" She put the dresses down on the bed. "You need to dress more sexy,"

"But the purple one is cute," Damia tried to explain why she choose the purple dress.

"Purple is okay as long as it hugs your curves and shows the perfect amount of skin. This purple," She motioned towards the dress on the bed. "does no justice to you! Have you seen those curves Dee? Your husband will die!" Daliah said with complete seriousness.

"It looks that bad?" Damia chewed on her lips.

"It doesn't look bad Dee. It looks...cute. And you need to be sexy tonight." Daliah said with her hands on her hips.

"Oh," Damia nodded. "And..and about my husband...uh dying?" She asked clutching her dress.

"He'd die if he sees how gorgeous and sexy his wife is." Dali smirked. Damia's cheeks burned. "I bet he's dreamy as he looks,"