Pt. 13

We lifted Josh up from the beanbag he was sitting on and supported his weight until we reached the road. Thankfully, a taxi was pulled right in front of us letting some people out. Once they were out of the way Tyler and I shimmied Josh in to the car.

"Where can I take ya?" The taxi driver asked in a gruff voice.

Tyler's reply was strained, "We need to go to the hospital as quickly as possible."

The drive to the hospital was a blur, concern for Josh flooded my mind. Once we arrived, Tyler and I again had to shimmy Josh out of the car, trying not to roll his head around too much.

"Smret, swhere are we?" Josh opened his eyes, but they closed immediately, his head hanging. All at once he jerked down and threw up all over the sidewalk to the hospital entrance. Entering the emergency room, we made our way to the front desk.

"How may I help you?" The secretary asked before she looked up from her papers. When she noticed Josh she called for some nurses to come and escort him to a room.

I say in one breathe, "We were at a club for about a half an hour so we know he couldn't have drank that much, we think someone must have drugged him or something."

The secretary nods her head, typing what I say into her computer. "You two can have a seat right here in the waiting room, we'll call you back when the doctors are finished."

Tyler and I had about an hour of silence before the nurse came and told us we could go back to see Josh. They had pumped his stomach of all the alcohol and any other toxins he had in his body. When we finally reach the room, Josh was pale and sleepy looking in the bed.

"Hey guys," he says in a weak voice.

Tyler went over to him and lightly punched his shoulder, "What's up man, you feeling better?"

"Yeah, they pumped all that gunk out of my stomach. It hurt like hell, I'm just glad to feel normal again. They say that they think someone must have mistaken my drink for a girls and tried to ruphee me." Josh turns his head to face me, "I'm really sorry Aurora, Debby had just left and I was really out of it. Not myself, you know?"

"Yeah Josh, I understand. I'm just really glad you're okay."

Tyler's face was confused and I realized he didn't know about what Josh did and I planned to keep it that way.

We spent two hours with Josh and then decided to head home. The hospital wanted to keep Josh overnight for observation, so there was no need to stay. Tyler and I parted ways. By the time I got home it was early morning, great time for me to have class in two hours.

I started to dose off a little but was woken up by a frantic call from Debby, I guess Mark had called her and told her what happened to Josh.

"Aurora is he okay? What's going on?"

"Yeah, somebody spiked his drink or something, Tyler and I had to take him to the hospital," I replied drowsily.

"I felt bad right after I broke up with him, immediately regretted it. Then I got a call from Mark telling me that he was in the hospital, I was really worried. "

"No, he's okay. Heartbroken, but okay. Why'd you break up with him anyway?"