pt.3

I woke up the next morning rather early with a migraine. The throbbing pain took over my thoughts, but I had to push through because people needed me to be places. I got up, popped two Advil and got in the shower.

The water was cool against my sink as I washed off the remnants of yesterday. I started thinking about Tyler, that was his name right? Right. Anyway I was hoping I'd see him again, there was something about him that I can't get out of my head.

I slid back the glass shower door and stepped out onto the soft rug that kept water from getting on the floor. Grabbing my towel, I dried myself off and made my way into my bedroom. What should I even wear?

I go to my closet to find and array of blouses and pencil skirts, I'm really sick of wearing the same old things. Alas, no time to think about that now, I'll be late for work. I grab my favorite purple blouse and one of my many pencil skirts paired with black heels.

I go on autopilot for my makeup, doing it without thinking. A thin layer of foundation with some black mascara will be enough and my hair will just have to be wet.

"Bye, Liv. See you when I get home sweet pea," I kiss her furry head.

I approach the fruit stand right beside my house and purchase a banana and an apple for breakfast.

As I make my way to the subway station Tyler approaches me.

"Hey, Aurora. Long time no see," he jokes.

I smile, happy to have company. "Hello Tyler, did you sleep well?"

Tyler looked around, "Yeah, yeah I guess so."

A silence grows between us before he asks,"Do you want to grab dinner tonight?"

I'm taken aback by his request, I'm not used to being asked out to do things; so I don't really know how to respond. I want to more than anything, get to know this man I've just met.

"Yes,"I say awkwardly.

"Great we can meet here around seven but now I've got to go, see ya tonight!"

And just like he was gone, gone faster than he had come. Finally, the subway arrived and I knew I'd spend all day thinking of how I was supposed to act tonight.