pt. 8

Tyler came back to get me shortly after he got done getting dressed and took me back to his house.

"Where is everybody?" I asked as we entered the empty apartment.

"They're coming over once dinner is done, so it's t just us."

I looked around the apartment while Tyler put some music on. The front door led to the living room rather than the kitchen like in my house. He had a striped greenish couch up against the wall and across from it a little TV. To my left was the kitchen and to my right was a hallway that I assumed led to his bedroom and the bathroom.

Before I could examine any farther, Tyler grabbed my hands and started dancing with me to the new Paramore album. I didn't really know the song but it was intoxicating. Tyler pulled my body close to his as the song slowed down then spun me out as the speed picked up. We were jumping and dancing all around the living room, only pausing for Tyler to start boiling the spaghetti.

A knock at the door stopped our party, however. Tyler opened the door to reveal a pretty blonde girl with piercing blue eyes.

"Hey Ty," she said planting a wet kiss on his lips. I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces as she put her hand on his chest.

Tyler swallowed real hard, looking back and forth between the girl and I. "Je-Jenna what are you doing here?"

"Well," she moved past Tyler into the apartment and stopped when she saw me. "Who is this?"

I felt a familiar burning in my nose that meant I was going to cry. I pushed back the tears, looked back and forth between Tyler and Jenna and said, "I was just leaving."

I didn't hear the rest of the conversation because I was out the door and down the steps before you could say heartbreak.

It was dark outside now, and not being able to hold back my tears anymore; I fell on the sidewalk weeping.

I heard the doors to the apartment building swing open and Tyler yelling, "Aurora! Aurora!"

He continued to scream my name until he rounded the curb and found me sitting there.

"There you are," he say down beside me. "Listen,"

I didn't let him finish or explain,. I got up, tears streaming down my face and asked him a single, "Why? Why did you do this. You were the first good thing in my life in a long time, Tyler."

"Please, please just listen to me," he pleaded. For a split second I thought of letting him explain himself. I wanted him to even, for it to all just to be a big misunderstanding. But I knew that even if it wasn't a misunderstanding, if Tyler lied through his teeth, I'd still want to believe him.

"Tyler, please just leave me alone." His face contorted into a pained expression has if my words had actually stabbed him.

"Aurora please."

"I can't take another cheater." He reached for my wrist and pulled me towards him as I was trying to walk away. I let him take me in his arms,our final embrace. I wrapped arms around the back of him and rested my forehead against his mouth.

Just as I was thinking of hearing Tyler's side of the story, Jenna came walking out of the apartment building.

"Tyler what is going on!"

I pulled away from Tyler before he could say anything and started running the two blocks to my house.

When I got home, I went straight to my bed and collapsed on it, taking off articles of clothing as I went.

I curled in a ball under my sheet and began to think, which is never a good thing.

It's no surprise there was someone else.

She might not have been.

She was and you know it. Face it, she's prettier, skinnier, and probably more talented than you. She's the obvious choice. A boy like Tyler could never love a girl like you.

Love? Who said anything about love?

You know you were starting to have feelings for him. You also know that he could never love you back.

He could.

Not a chance. He deserves better than you anyway.

Sleep never found me that night.

/// Disclaimer that I love Jenna and only used her as a character for story telling purposes. \\\