Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN: FAIRY HOLLOW

Most kids don't believe in fairy tales very long. Once they hit six or seven they put away "Cinderella" and her shoe fetish, "The Three Little Pigs" with their violation of building codes, "Miss Muffet" and her well-shaped tuffet—all forgotten or discounted. And maybe that's the way it has to be. To survive in the world, you have to give up the fantasies, the make-believe. The only trouble is that it's not all make-believe. Some parts of the fairy tales are all too real, all too true. There might not be a Red Riding Hood, but there is a Big Bad Wolf. No Snow White, but definitely an Evil Queen. No obnoxiously cute blond tots, but a child-eating witch... yeah. Oh yeah.
-Rob Thurman

Once upon a time, from deep in the Autumn Forest, laid a compound built into the bottom of a large tree. In the tree are a group of female fairies, raised by their mother to become experts in every skill that would help others.

In total, there were four family's of fae.

Zarina, Vidia and Iridessa are Bonavich sisters, fairies specializing in weaponry and skill honing that use magic as stamina instead of a weapon. They don't have wings, letting them get practical training on the ground.

Fawn and Silvermist are Grimaldi's who are nature fairies, one who dealt with the earth and one who dealt with the animals. Much like nymphs, they have pure white almost iridescent skin and often born with horns or tails.

Periwinkle Hawthorne, the only Hawthorne daughter, specializes in magic dueling, a type of fairy magic that is very precise yet when it's applied to warlock or witch magic, is best used with an air of chaos and adrenaline. Their wings are feathered or leather, eyes often an odd color.

Flora and Fauna are Carmichael's, fairies who are always born female twins. Their family specializes in song, dance and musical instruments that turn into weapons. It was one of the most difficult practices to master in and often one that the fairies said you had to be born for. They have real fairy wings, looking leaf or bug-like.

The fae at Fairy Hollow owed Blythe a favor, her having told them to leave the kingdom before her sister fully got power. As fairies, they took favors very seriously and was more than happy to pay their debt.

These female warriors were going to train the Ghosts.

Zarina was going to train Wolf and Little Red to work together seamlessly in battle, letting each other's unfamiliar fighting style and weapons- -Blythe's daggers and sword and Dimitri himself being his own weapon- -become one.

Vidia and Iridessa both specialize in skill honing. For the Huntsman it's energy reserving and strategy which Vidia would be helping him with. Whereas Iridessa was the fastest fairy around, who would train the elf how to use his arrows the best and quickest he can while also running or jumping through trees.

The nature fairy, Fawn, will be helping Snow use her powers to trick the enemy, to hide her team and to even grow poisonous fruit. The nymph had to admit, seeing poison apples grown just right made her have the urge to take a bite.

Silvermist is the type of Grimaldi that deals with animals and her even specializing in medical treatment for others instead of becoming another vet. She would be helping Doc work better under stress and giving him elf-made medical tools and supplies of different treatments she made -training him how to use them.

Next was the only Hawthorne master, Periwinkle. As a warlock and a powerful witch-fairy, Magician and Locks were to train with her to duel with their magic and to help them think outside of the box. They didn't need to waste energy twisting someone's neck or crushing them with a rock, a pebble through the skull would do just fine. They could cause earthquakes and storms by just changing one thing in the atmosphere or an ounce of pressure on a Faultline.