Chapter 6

Inside the Soul Stone

There was no way to know time inside the Soul Stone. No one got tired or hungry. There was no need for basic amenities. The people who got dusted had no idea what to do. The Soul Avengers did an account, people would tell their names, the people they last saw if they knew any people who disintegrated with them, anything. Anything that would help them find any loved one. It was a distraction from their own loss.

Bucky just got reunited with Steve, only to be taken away at the most helpless sight. Sam's cry for help was never heard in time. T'Challa had gone to help Okoye only to disintegrate in front of her. Wanda had to die while mourning Vision's death. The Guardians had to die knowing they failed. Strange had seen this outcome and yet he wasn't able to anything as he died as well. And Peter, he had to die in Tony's arms. It was worse for him as he tried to hold back the inevitable, he was just doubling his pain.

Peter's Spidey Sense let him know if they were any people in distress, Wanda helped them with her powers, see if she could find anything in their memories. When they were done though, they sat down and talked. On some occasionally good days, they would play games like Truth or Dare or Would You Rather on the request of Shuri and sometimes Peter. Sam protested that the game was childish, but a quick vote changed that.

Everyone started telling about themselves, their past, good or bad memories. It was all shared.  When it came to Peter, people didn't know how to react. Sure everyone here had been through worse, but the boy was only 15, for God's sakes. And even after all that he puts on a smile for others. Although Strange couldn't help but notice there was something wrong. Stephen talked with Wanda and she also confirmed that she felt that something wasn't adding up.

The two met up when everyone else was deep in conversation to notice them gone.

"Wanda, I know that we don't know each other very well, but I want to talk to you about Peter." Strange started.

"Me too," Wanda confessed. "There's something wrong with Peter's memories, I didn't want to meddle without some confirmation,"

"We need to talk to him," Strange stated.

A little while later, Wanda pulled Peter away from the group and Strange opened up a portal that leads to a more secluded area of the stone.

"Now Peter, I know that isn't nice of us to ask you about your past, but are you sure there is something you're not telling. We don't want to press you of course" Wanda asked kindly.

"I know, I have spent my whole life asking Ben or May about it, but I don't think they know anything that can fill up the puzzle," Peter replied.

"Do you want to know about it? I mean, some secrets are best left in the past" At this point, Strange let Wanda do all the talking, he didn't want to upset the boy's already broken feelings.    

"I do. I have a right to know about my past." Peter declared.

"Alright, Peter, Wanda's going go through your mind to see if she can find anything that can help you, okay?" Strange asked.

"Okay," Peter's voice sounded so small. Wanda used her magic and Peter immediately fell weak on his knees. Strange set him down softly on the ground. He was looking straight into space. Wanda's powers seemed to be draining. After a few moments, Wanda fell to her knees as well, crying. Peter fell unconscious. Once Wanda calmed down, she started to explain what she saw in Peter's mind.

"Stephen, do you know Natasha Romanoff?" Wanda questions.

"Not personally, why?" Stephen answers warily.

"She is Peter's mother" Wanda answers. "It seems that Natasha gave Peter to the Parkers when she entered SHIELD."

"So who's going to tell him?" Wanda asked. "I don't think we should. He has been the most close to Barnes, maybe we should tell him and let him break it to Peter."

"That's a good idea,"

————————————————————————————————————————-

"Now what exactly do you want me to do and why is Peter sleeping?" Bucky enquires the minute he emerges with Strange.

"Right. There's a story, I'll explain it." Wanda answers.

———————————————————————————————————————

"What?" Bucky asks full of confusion.

"Yes,"

"Rip off the bandaid," Bucky tries to reassure himself.

Peter woke up a few minutes later. "Were you guys be able to find anything?" He asked groggily.

"We did. You were adopted by your parents and your birth mother is Natasha Romanoff." Bucky explained.

"What?"

Peter blacked out.

A/N: How was it? I feel like this was absolute shit. Wow, I'm swearing a lot these days. Sorry.