45/ Love You More

Start from the beginning

Alice smiled through her tears. She realized he was right. What they think of each other matters, it isn't about the rest of the world. This marriage is about them and their love. They didn't need to approval of anyone else.

"I love you." She whispered, a smile tugging on her lips. Every single day, those words became more true.

"I love you too, Alice." He whispered back, before locking their lips in a kiss that was meant to be sweet, but then was quickly deepened by Alice.

He took the bait immediately and pushed his tongue past the barrier of her lips and slowly made her walk backwards to the bed until her knee hit the end. She let herself fall down with him on top of her, his hands roaming her body as he kept on passionately kissing her with everything he had.

A knock on the door interrupted them, making FP pull back in the slightest. However, Alice glued their lips back together again.

"Ignore it," She mumbled and kissed him with all the fire she had in her.

"I think it's your Dad." He whispered between kisses, trying his hardest to pull back even when the soft feeling of her lips and her hands playing with his flannel was too addictive.

"Yeah, exactly. I don't want to see him." She breathed out, before trying to lock their lips again. But FP pulled back, making her look up at him confused.

"Al..." He said softly, knowing that this was her anger talking and not what she really wanted. Alice sighed and sat up again. He was right. She should talk to her father.

She stood up from the bed and walked over to the door to find out that it was indeed her dad at the other side of the door.

"Came here to insult my fiancé once more?" She commented sassily as she raised a dangerous eyebrow to him. If she had to, she was ready to fight. Jack's cheeks flushed. He knew he screwed up.

"No... I came to apologize." He said genuinely, his eyes innocent. Alice softened a little. That was something she hadn't expected.

"Go on then..." She said carefully, still a little apprehensive for what was about to follow. Jack turned to FP, who was willing to listen what he had to say.

"FP... I am sorry for what I said. I guess I am still getting used to the fact that my daughter is getting remarried and I took that out on you. I hope you can forgive me." He said softly. It had been a nasty move to out his own insecurities onto the soon to be husband of his daughter, he realized.

"Apology accepted." FP smiled slightly. He believed that Jack was being sincere.

"I'm sorry Sugarpop." Jack turned to his daughter again as he knew perfectly well that she deserved an apology as well.

Alice sighed. She knew that he was a little overprotective sometimes, but she wasn't a kid anymore. She could make her own decisions.

"Dad... I am not asking you to be as close to FP as you were to Hal... but being nice to him isn't any form of betrayal to him. You probably still see each other every Sunday like you always did and I won't take that away from you, but all I ask for you is to be nice to FP and respect that this is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with." She stated and wrapped her arm around FP who returned the gesture. Every time she mentioned how she wanted to be with him forever he could feel his stomach flutter.

"You think I am still seeing Harold? After what he did to Polly? No way in hell." Jack scoffed as he made very clear that their friendship was over for good.

"You don't talk anymore?" Alice asked surprised. She had always known them as two inseperable people.

It had been like that from the moment she had introduced them. Subconsciously, it had been part of the reason to marry him, because her dad was obviously a fan.