43/ Do You?

A few months later...

FP was looking at his watch and sighed a little. Next to him were Betty, Archie and Jughead, all three of them with their luggage. He and Alice had picked them up for their Christmas break after their first half year of college. It wasn't as if he wasn't already nervous, but Alice seemed to be taking her time in the shop.

"Al, are you coming? The kids are ready!" He yelled, so she'd be able to hear him from outside.

"Hadn't even mattered if your flight was delayed. She always takes her time." He turned to the kids and playfully rolled his eyes.

"You knew what you got yourself into." Betty grinned, knowing exactly how much her mother loved tax free shopping at the air port.

"Alright, alright. Stop reminding me." He laughed and eyed the store again, where Alice was in line at the check-out counter.

"So, since Alice is still in the shop.... you nervous?" Jughead carefully brought in, a smirk tugging on his lips. He could basically see the nerves written all over his father's face, but he just loved teasing him about it for a little bit more.

"Like crazy. Haven't slept for a week. I'm glad you kids can be here." FP exhaled a little relieved, knowing that he probably didn't have anything to be afraid about. However, it was still a big deal.

"Does she suspect anything?" Archie asked, a curious grin on his face.

"She doesn't have a clue." FP smiled mischiviously.

As if they had summoned Alice, she came running towards them, holding the cutest little jacket in her hands.

"Look at what I found! I had to buy it." She beamed and showed them the purple coat with daisies on them. It was a perfect gift for her granddaughter.

"Didn't we have enough presents for the birthday queen?" Betty said a little sassy.

They were going to celebrate Daisy's frist birthday today and naturally Alice was the one to buy presents in bulk, a job that she took very seriously.

"As her grandmother I can never spoil her enough." She smirked and putted away the newly bought gift.

"Alright, let's go before we're there when there is no cake left." Archie grabbed his suitcase and the other followed suit on their way to the truck.

Once in the car, Alice looked to the kids through the rearview mirror. She couldn't explain in words how much she had missed having them around. The house was way too quiet.

"I am so glad you all get to stay for the holidays. Your sister is at our place too, Jughead. It must be exciting to see her again." She smiled at the boy, who smirked back. He was truly happy to go back to Riverdale again.

"Don't like to admit it, but I missed her like crazy." In the end, he would do anything for his little sister. After their stay in Riverdale, they'd go to Toledo and spend some time with their Mom to catch up. Things had truly seemed to have calmed down.

"She won't say it out loud but she missed you too." FP added from behind the wheel. Jellybean was a feisty one who didn't talk about her feelings much, but he could read in her eyes how excited she was to see Jughead back.

"I cant believe there has already a year passed since Daisy was born..." Betty shared her thoughts out loud.

"Don't say that when your sister is around, she'll cry." Alice joked, even when it wasn't completely untrue. Every time Daisy went through a new milestone Polly cried happy tears. Today wouldn't be any different.