I'm in love with my best friend

Dixie POV

I look over at Addison who was laughing away with her boyfriend Bryce and a few other people. I sigh and take a sip of my drink. I can't believe I'm in love with Addison and she doesn't even know. Every time she would hold my hand or kiss my cheek a million butterflies would go off in my stomach.
"Dixie you there?" I blink twice before looking at my sister.
"Yeah I'm fine" I say and take another sip of my drink.

I look over at Addison again just to see her and Bryce busy making out and I look away.
"I don't know why Addison even bothers with Bryce anymore" I hear Charli say and I look at her.
"What?" I say and she looks at me.
"Addison and Bryce haven't been getting along lately, they've been fighting none stop" she says and I look over at Addison and Bryce again just to see that they had disappeared. Probably off to go the dirty deed.

"If they haven't been getting along then why do they still act normal and kiss each other?" She shrugs her shoulders.
"I don't know" she says and I sigh.
"Do you know what they are fighting about?" I ask and Charli looks at me.
"You" she says before walking away. I'm so confused why would they be fighting about me?

"Dix?" I spin around and see Addison. She looked upset.
"Hey Addy, what's wrong?" I say putting my drink down.
"Can we talk in private, away from the party?" She asks me and I nod my head.
"Yeah sure no problem" I say and we both head up the stairs and to my room. I close the door as Addison takes a seat on my bed.
"Did the party get to much for you?" I ask and she shakes her head and sniffs.

I quickly go towards her and sit next to her on the bed.
"What's wrong?" I say and gently touch her forearm. She looks at me with teary eyes and my heart hurts. I never want to see Addison cry.
"I broke up with Bryce" she says and I sigh.
"I'm sorry Addison" I say and she looks away from me.
"May I ask why?" I say and she breaths in and out.
"Because I don't love him anymore, and I know how cruel that sounds but I just can't pretend to love him anymore" I nod my head.

"Charli says you and Bryce have been getting into fights?" She nods her head.
"Yeah" she says and I look down at my feet.
"Dixie can I tell you something?" She says and my heart starts to speed up at her words.
"The reason why I fell out of love with Bryce is because I couldn't stop thinking about you" my heart skips a beat. She blushes slightly. Is this real? Is this actually happening?!

"I know you're straight and all but...and this might ruin our friendship but I...I can't not tell you. I like you a lot like more then a friend and I know you might not feel the same way and I totally understand if you don't but I just wanted you to know that I care about you and I really like you Dixie" she slowly looks at me and I stare at her speechless.
"I'm sorry I shouldn't of said anything I'm going to leave" she says and quickly gets up but I grab her wrist and she looks down at me.

I stand up and kiss her. She was taken by surprise but soon kissed me back. Her lips were so soft and inviting and I just never wanted to pull away. I can't believe I'm busy kissing the girl that I'm in love with. We slowly pull away and rest our foreheads against each other.
"I feel the same way Addison" I say and she smiles.
"I've liked you for a very long time Addison and it feels good to finally tell you" I say smiling.

"So what now?" She asks and I peck her lips.
"How about a date on Saturday and we see where thing take us?" I say and Addison wraps her arms around my neck.
"I'd love that more then anything"

. . .