Stranded 4

Dixie POV

It turns out I have food poisoning from eating the fish. It seems that I didn't cook mine enough and now I'm stuck with throwing up, nausea, dizziness, fever, stomach cramps and so on. The rest of the girls seemed okay. The sweetest thing was the fact that Addison stayed up all night caring for me and even now. My head was resting on her lap as she folded one of Brookes shirts and dipped it in water and put it on my forehead to help with my fever.

She tried to get me to drink but I refused knowing that I couldn't keep the water down. The rest of the girls went out to search for things and Anastasia was outside of the shelter far away from us making sand castles. Her ankle was still sore and Alex carried her to that spot before going off with the other girls. I groan in pain before opening my eyes and look up at Addison. She was looking out the shelter with an unreadable expression on her face.

I think she felt my eyes on her because she looked down at me and our eyes meet.
"Hey" she says gently stroking my face which made my eyes close for a split second before I open them again.
"Hey" I say back and she gives me a small smile.
"How you feeling?" She asks and I shrug my shoulders.
"The same I guess" I say and she nods her head. She looks away from my eyes and looks at my tattoos.

Here comes the question.
"These tattoos are really beautiful, do they have a meaning behind them or did you just get them for fun?" She asks and I sigh and close my eyes.
"It's a hard story to tell" I say.
"Oh I'm sorry forget I asked anything" she says and we both go silent. I slowly open my eyes and look out in front of me.
"My butterfly tattoo is for my mom. She died of cancer when I was 11" I say.

"Oh my god Dixie I'm so sorry" I bite my bottom lip.
"It's okay. When I was little I was always so interested in butterflies and my mom and I would go and look for butterflies and we would name them all and even capture some before releasing them. It was our thing...she also loved her rose bushes. She always had them in perfect condition. My dad use to think my mom was crazy" I say smiling slightly.

"There wasn't a moment when my mom didn't have those roses looking perfect, they were always so beautiful but...but when her sickness started to get bad she stopped caring for the roses but I then took care of them so that when my mom was better she could continue looking at her beautiful roses and she would be herself again. That day never came. My mom just got even worse as time went on and then there was her finally day alive. I brought her a rose from the garden and told her that I never gave up on her roses. She cried. That night my mom took her last breath and I cried so much I eventually ran out of tears and there was just this empty hole in my heart" I say thinking of the moment when we were in the hospital.

It breaks my heart every time.
"Dixie...I'm lost for words. I'm so deeply sorry" she says and I nod my head.
"I had my younger sister though and we would comfort each other after my mom died. My sister was 8 when she died. She became my best friend and I eventually managed to be happy after my mom died but that didn't last. When my sister was 16 she went to a party with a bunch of friends and they ended up drinking. They all got into a car and the guy who was driving was my sisters boyfriend Chase and the other two were Charli's friend and her boyfriend. Chase drove to fast and on the highway he lost control and went crashing into the cement wall, crushing all of them" I say fighting back tears.

"My sister died immediately and I had lost another person who meant the world to me. The reason why I got my dragon tattoo was because of her. When we were younger until the day she died she always asked me to draw dragons for her and I did. I'm quite good at art and I drew this dragon that's on my arm. She adored this dragon so much and even framed it. I showed the design to the tattoo artist and I got it on my arm" I say and continue to look out at the ocean.