Stranded 3

Addison POV

"Addy wake up" I hear Anastasia say but I just groan and turn over until I get sand all over my face.
"What the-" I say and spit out sand. I wipe it from my face while Anastasia giggles at me.
"Forget we are on an island?" She says and I nod my head. I sit up and look around. Most of the girls were up. I wipe my eyes and take my hoodie off.
"Okay guys we have to make a shelter" I hear Harley say.
"What why rescue is going to come soon right?" Vera asks and Harley goes quiet.

"Yes but for now let's just make a shelter just in case" she says and Vera looks at Brooke. I stand up and dust myself off.
"How are you feeling today Anastasia?" I ask and she shakes her head.
"I feel worse" she says and I sigh.
"Just hang on help will be coming soon" I say and she nods her head. I see Alex standing close to the ocean.
"I'll be right back" I say and she smiles at me. I walk towards Alex.

"Hey you okay?" I ask. She turns her head to look at me and gives me a small smile.
"Yeah just thinking" she says and I look out at the ocean.
"Each airplane has a black box" she says and I side eye her.
"The black box is protected so it's most likely not to break during a crash unless the crash is really bad and the black box is crushed" she says and I look back out at the ocean.

"The black box sends out a signal and is easier to find at sea because it sends out a signal on contact with salt water that can be picked up from a radius of two kilometres. It sends out a ping once per second for 30 days" she says and I breath in and out.
"How long will it work for?" I ask.
"Usually for 6 years but under water it's only 2" she says and I bite my bottom lip.
"And if the box is destroyed?" I ask and she was quiet for a long time. I turn my head to look at her and she does the same thing.

"Then I don't know what we are going to do" she says and I look away from her.
"Hey you two!" I hear Brooke shout. We both turn around.
"Come here!" She shouts and we both walk towards the girls.
"Okay so we can't just wait around and wait to be some animals dinner. We have to get a plan together" Harley says.
"Wait do you think there's wild animals out here?" Anastasia asks.
"Yes I heard them last night" I jump at Dixie's voice.

She was sharpening something in her hand that looked like a handmade knife.
"Where have you been?" Harley asks and Dixie looks at her.
"I didn't sleep much last night so I thought I'd get a head start on this whole survival thing" she says and holds up a knife she made. She managed to make it out of a thin rock that she had sharpened. The handle was made out of wood and it looks like she had wrapped them together with a plant that looks like rope.

"How did we not hear you last night?" Vera asks and Dixie laughs and she crouches down and lets the top of the blade spin on her finger.
"I could of screamed bloody murder and you guys would still be sleeping" she says and smirks.
"Can I see that?" Brooke asks pointing at Dixie's knife. Dixie nods her head and hands the knife to Brooke. Brooke starts examining the knife.
"Okay well done I guess" Harley says.
"We need to make a shelter today, we have no idea when rain might come along and it will make us feel a little safe" Harley says and we nod our heads.

"Where did you find this plant?" Brooke suddenly asks.
"Oh I headed further down the beach. There's these type of plants that easy to turn into rope" Dixie says.
"Brilliant" Brooke says and goes back to examining the knife.
"Can you show me where. I have an idea" she says and Dixie smiles.
"Sure" Dixie says and Brooke smiles big. Dixie stands up and Brooke gives her knife back to her. Dixie puts the knife in the back of her sweatpants with the handle sticking out.

"Hey Brooke do you have a shirt I can change into. This gets to hot" Dixie says and Brooke nods her head.
"Yeah of course" Brooke crawls over to her suitcase and starts to dig in it. Dixie removes her shirt and then the white long sleeved shirt until she was just wearing a bra and I couldn't help but stare. She had abs with a slight scar on her side. She had a butterfly tattoo with some red roses in its wings. It was really beautiful. On the arm she had a dragon going all the way from her wrist to elbow. That too was beautiful.