Caught | Angst

Time and Setting - During Grian's Season 7, Episode 46

Focus Character(s) - Grian, Impulse, Scar, Cub, Mumbo, Zedaph, a bunch of other HEP and Mycelium Resistance guys are mentioned/there too :)

Ship(s) - n/a 

Trigger/Content Warnings - War themes, implied kidnapping/hostage situation, implied torture

Background - Impulse and Grian wen't to spy on the HEP meeting, and Grian drops down onto the balcony upon accident, in front of all the HEP members. 

Not a request

A/N: I've been catching up on Grian's season 7 episodes, saw the moment where he dropped down and Cub run out at him, and as he escaped, my brain said okay but what if we turned that into angst 

So have this :]

also, obligatory "i've never watched half these hermits and am basing my interpretations on what I've seen through tumblr, other fanfics and interactions with the hermits i have seen" warning

---

His legs hurt as he fell from the roof of the HEP building. 

The landing was semi cushioned, thanks to the carpeted landing pad and Grian felt slightly dazed at first, but when he felt hands pressing him into the ground, his chest pressed against the ground, he was pulled from his stupor. 

The person pinning him pulled off his Bdubs mask, and Grian remembered with a gasp that Impulse was still on the roof. "Run!" He let out a cry, and, fortunately, Impulse complied without a thought, Grian faintly seeing an enderpearl pitch towards the ocean. 

Then Grian remembered that he had an enderpearl in hand, and he tried to throw it, although the person pinning him must have realised, his hand getting slapped down as he tried to throw it. The ender pearl made it to the edge of the platform, and Grian felt his stomach churn as he teleported. 

Then Cub, as he now recognised, luncged at him again, Grian now on his back, hands held together above his head. Grian squirmed to try and free himself from Cub's grip, although the enforcer's grip was too strong. The frown never left Cub's face as he finally pulled Grian onto his feet, hands behind his back as he shoved Grian into the HEP base. 

Behind him, Tango pulled out some blocks and blocked off the doorway, False pulling her chair aside as Grian was roughtly shoved into what he could only assume to be Xisuma's seat, considering Xisuma had only left it recently.

Grian knew that the others had been talking, but he'd heard none of it considering he'd been spacing out, and in a state of panic. 

He only started to tune in when someone (maybe Keralis?) threw a water bottle at him, the cold water and shattered glass bringing Grian back to the presense. 

"There was someone else out there, either Ren or Impulse. Used an ender pearl to get away. False, Xisuma, go fetch whoever you think it might be of them." Grian heard Scar instruct, the pair vanishing through temporary wall that Tango was quick to repair. 

"So, Grian." A netherite sword was stabbed into the table in front of Grian, Scar taking the seat across from him, eyes narrowed behind his monacle.