Vengence | Angst

Time and Setting - Early season 7

Focus Character(s) - Grian, Mumbo

Ship(s) - n/a (could be interpreted as Grumbo)

Trigger/Content Warnings - Revenge, violent thoughts, violent uses for redstone, slight insanity, possible abliest language, minor swearing (like once), implied murder

Background - Grian has recently started to campaign Mumbo for mayor of the shopping district. Mumbo is sick of Grian pushing his boundaries for a laugh. Also, everyone has wings/permadeath AU

Not a request

A/N: I saw an image of Mumbo next to red text saying  "you all realise I'm going to snap eventually, right" or something like that, and my brain said haha evil!mumbo go brrr so here we are

---

Mumbo for Mayor. 

The red words glared down at him, and Mumbo could feel the walls closing in. The poster was shining there, on his wall, and Grian was beside it, grinning up at Mumbo. He looked down at Grian in shock, between both the poster and Grian. 

"You signed me up for mayor?!" Mumbo stuttered, and Grian giggled, nodding. His wings flared out behind him, the fathers fluffed up. 

"Well, since we just have a gant pile of diamond blocks in the shopping district, I was thinking: why don't we put someone in charge of them and make sure no one does anything bad? And then I though: oh, a mayor would do the job! So I' getting Sar and BDubs to build an office for the mayor, and I thought that you could be a great mayor!" Grian explained, and Mumbo sighed, pushing down the upcoming bout of anger at Grian's newest anticts. 

"And you couldn't have warned me?" Mumbo asked, and Grian shook his head. 

"I thought it would have been funnier to have you find out after the other hermits. They all already know you're running." Grian said, grinning up at Mumbo. 

The formerly moustached man sighed, adjusting his belt, before he straightened up. "Well, I suppose you have a building to start working on then?" Mumbo said, and Grian thought for a second, nodding. 

"Yeah, I do. I'll see you around Mumbo!" Grian said, zipping off with his feathered wings. 

Mumbo just sighed again, letting his dragon fly like wigs flare out in anger, buzzing behind him. Quite frankly, Mumbo had had enough with Grian's anticts, and he hated how he was always the butt of the joke. His redstone contraptions were often ruined, and he or Iskall had to come and solve it. It happened in season 6, with Sahara and the potato, and then later with the concrete machine. 

If Mumbo were completely honest, he'd snapped and decided he was done with Grian the moment that he'd needed to fix Sahara's concrete machine for the seventh time. He could deal with it for a while, and have a laugh, but now? He was just done. 

So mumbo decided to create a plan, and teach Grian a lesson once and for all. 

All he needed to do for now, was get some redstone running. 

---

It was dark. 

Dark and cold. 

Where had he been? 

Building?