"It will work out."

It was a smile of warning. An unspoken threat.

Clarity shuddered.

Clearing his throat, a bright grin returned onto his face as if nothing had happened. The door to the garage opened up, and Hoseok strolled past the two. He tossed a car key to Taehyung as he turned around, which the latter caught seamlessly with one hand.

"Well, I've got plans for the night, so I'll leave the rest to you," he said cheerily, and Clarity's heart dropped to her stomach. He was leaving her alone with Taehyung, her walking death flag.

"Don't do this to me, Hobi..." Clarity mentally pleaded through her intense stare, which the man completely ignored.

Before she could suggest any alternatives, she was interrupted by the roaring engine of a red Ferrari as it stopped in front of them.

In the drivers seat sat a man with silver hair, which was brushed back slickly to the left side of his face. He was dressed in an attractive black suit, its edges varnished with silver lining. The top of his white-collared shirt was unbuttoned in a manner that was dangerously seductive.

With one hand on the steering wheel, he tipped the rims of his sunglasses with the other, revealing his sharp eyes.

"Hobi, ready?" The tips of Park Jimin's lips lifted into a smirk.

If her life wasn't on the line, Clarity would have swooned right there.

Beginning her internal Morgan Freeman narration, she recollected Jimin's arc in the story.

In To Be His Possession, Jimin took the role of a world-class celebrity. Both an actor and a designer, his influence throughout the industry was undeniable, playing a crucial role in helping Bangtan Co. overthrow their rival companies. Clarity silently eyed the man up and down; and not to mention—he was rich.

Like rich, rich.

Jimin's first appearance was when he partook in the Auction, which was supposed to be in the first chapter. But again, none of the events that happened so far were in the original plot, so Clarity had came to terms with it and decided to hope for the best. Later on, he was found always hanging out by the company, mainly to bother Taehyung and Jin.

Returning his smirk, Hoseok slid into the seat beside him, and gave Clarity and Taehyung a casual salute.

"I'll see you two later. And Miss Secretary—good luck on your mission!"

"No! Don't leave me!" Clarity was about to lose it as the back of the Ferrari gradually faded into the distance, leaving the parking lot empty with her and Taehyung staring at each other like frogs.

Clarity was at the edge of despair. This was bad. Really bad.

She considered making a run for it, but considering her amateur moves it would only get her killed at a faster rate.

Resigned, she threw a wary glance at the raven-haired man beside her.

"Let's go," Taehyung said, twirling the car key around his index finger. Clarity blinked twice.