"We need to go to Taylor's house. Right now," Cameron declared, his eyes looking desperate and pleading.

An uncalled heaviness settled in my chest at the mention of Taylor's name. If anything I've learned in a couple of days about her, it's that she is the pure spawn of Devil. I looked up to meet Cameron's deep grey eyes, heart almost beating out of my chest.

"What do you mean?" I mumbled, my voice cracking at the end as I could not decide whether to be scared or relieved.

"We don't have time-" he started to proceed outside.

"What.Do.You.Mean?" I asked again, this time my voice steadier and laced with pure anger.

He stopped by the doorway, heaving a huge sigh that showed pure melancholy and guilt.

"I'm so sorry Krystal. Taylor was here...when I wasn't. They led me to a trap and I stepped right into it," Cameron muttered, his eyes focused on anywhere, but my face.

"What kind of trap?" Christina spoke up for the first time.

Cameron dragged his fingers through his jet black hair. His breathing was labored and the red shirt barely fitted his chest right now.

"Erik called me to the church. Saying that he needed something to discuss. But when I reached there, no one was there."

"That bastard," Carter gritted through his teeth.

"Hold on. You didn't see anyone exiting the house?" I voiced.

"No. And that's why I thought everything was normal. So I just went out for a short while to get some books from the library," Cameron revealed.

Somehow this still didn't make any sense.

"But how did Taylor even get to know about her?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

The look on Cameron's face and the silence that ensued after my question, was enough to tell me what happened.

I felt dread and worry ballooning within me, as we all exited the basement wordlessly.

The moon shone brightly, washing their driveway in a ghostly light. The sky looked clearer and brighter, a stark contrast to the one when I entered their house. However, the glow of the moon was too bright for my liking and somehow it felt like a spotlight - focusing entirely on me and my ignorance towards Maria. An irritation crept up on my skin at the pale glow, as the feeling of being judged by the entire nature washed over me.

Hence not paying any further heed to the unwanted guilty feeling, I got inside Carter's car. I grumbled once I seated myself in the soft and plush passenger seat of his Audi. I hated this, and I knew it would not at all help my situation of being worried when I'm sitting beside this infuriating vampire. But I became helpless when Christina decided to go with Cameron in his motorbike, cause she didn't want to leave him alone after the outburst. And honestly, after witnessing the strong animosity between the brothers, I could not blame her too as I knew that keeping them apart for the moment might be the best of the decisions. So, that's why, I sacrificed myself and decided to take this trip with Carter, praying that things don't get awkward between us - since we haven't had the best relationship within the past few days.