10 | ten

CHAPTER TEN | ❝Coffins & Friendships❞

┈┈┈┈

THE SOUND OF my palm meeting the skin of his cheek, hard, reverberated through the silence of the room, as Carter woke up with a satisfying yelp. He immediately placed his hands over the place where I hit him and I could see a bright red patch forming on his fair skin.

"What the hell was that for?" he looked furious but I didn't care.

"You changed my clothes!" he was opening his mouth to speak when I held up my palm to silence him, "but you know what? That's not what I care about! What I'm saying is that I finally hate you, Carter Harvey," I laughed mockingly that looked more of like a maniac, "I hate you! You have successfully pushed all my buttons and threw me to the point where there's nothing but hatred for you. You knew my weakness and you used it efficiently to blackmail me. So, congrats Carter Harvey for finally proving to me the monster that you can be," I saw him grimacing at the words, and this only fuelled a weird sense of satisfaction in me as I added," The monster that you truly are," I breathed heavily as I completed my rant.

There was a long pause between us which was accompanied by the sound of my heavy breathing. As I looked up at him, I saw his jaws hardened and fists clenched.

When he finally looked at me, I saw that the usual glint which was always present in his eyes was replaced by a chilling coldness, "Christina changed your clothes since you were acting like a drug addict," I looked away but there was no guilty feeling this time.

I heard him sigh.

"Good night," he said as he walked out of the room.

Like I was really gonna have it.

I slumped down on the bed as tears finally started to flow freely from my eyes without any bound. The toll of everything that happened today is finally taking on me, and I can't help but feel helpless and vulnerable. My body shook as the scenario of everything happening today flashed before my eyes.

I was a gone case, but the fact that broke me further was Maria's demise. She never deserved this, none of us did, but she wasn't even connected. Yet there she is lying in a coffin and within a week she would turn into a bloodthirsty beast. A beast that used to be my best friend. A beast that will always be my best friend, no matter what.

Earlier my life used to be a mess, but now it's officially a catastrophe.

As my eyes began to drift shut with tears still flowing from them, I lay down comfortably on my side. After twelve years, I was again crying myself to sleep.

 After twelve years, I was again crying myself to sleep