08 | eight

CHAPTER EIGHT | ❝When The Curtains Are Removed❞

┈┈┈┈

AFTER DROPPING THE bomb, Carter took me to the same room where I was kept before. Except for this time it was cleaned up by Christina. I sat on the bed while Carter went outside to fetch me some water. Saying that there were an infinite amount of questions going through my mind would be an understatement. Cause I didn't have any fucking clue about the shit of nine sisters they were saying. But I do know that whatever the hell it was, it wasn't good for me. The vibe they were giving off, and I can't forget the scrutiny of Eric's yellow eyes after finding out my identity. Or that's what they meant.

Carter entered the room with a piece of cake and a glass of water followed by Christina. I looked behind them to see whether Eric and Taylor were there or not but thankfully they weren't. I so wasn't ready to deal with Eric's scariness and Taylor's bitchiness.

I narrowed my eyes as Carter placed the tray on the small table near the bed.

"What's this?" I asked looking up at Carter questioningly.

"This is chocolate cake and wa-"

"I can see that dumbass. What I meant was that why the cake? I just asked for water," I tried to sound less bitchy but I couldn't help it. The pain was gone thankfully, but the foreboding of something bad happening didn't leave me.

"Well", this time Christina cooed in, "since you're dealing with the situation better than we expected you to," at this, she exchanged a look with Carter and continued, "we thought to give you something delicious to eat. And besides, it's your birthday".

I grumbled, "Yeah looks like after years my birthday turned out to be eventful. Thanks so much for that. Really."

I cut into the cake with my fork and took a bite, moaning with the heavenly taste, "Uhm, thanks for the cake by the way".

A dark and guilty look crossed over Christina's face as she looked down at her feet and I felt a slight pang of guilt. But when I looked over at Carter to see his stoic expression and his eyes anywhere but on me, the guilt subsided.

"We're sorry Krystal. We never knew things would get out of hands," she genuinely sounded upset and I felt bad for her.

"I can only forgive if you tell me whatever the hell's going on," I said taking another bite of the cake.

"We're going to tell you either way. ' A' because you deserve to know; 'B' because you need to be prepared," Christina replied.

"Hold on," Carter said and left the room and before I could comprehend anything, he brought in two large packs of popcorn.

"Hope this will be enough," I raised my eyebrows at this, and seeing this he chuckled, "cause it's storytime," he said in a sickly enthusiastic voice, to which Christina rolled her eyes and seated herself on the chair opposite of me; while Carter seated himself right beside me on the bed.