He watched her soft careful movements, the way her hand protectively went to her tummy when she wobbled a bit while taking off her wedges.

She was already up there, in the track to become a mother. Her nurturing self was first brought out when their canines had come home, but this time, it felt even more Motherly.

This time it involved a child, their own flesh and blood, their little Sugar Plum.

Sidharth was looking at her mesmerized, when she saw him. “Firse khayali pulav in the making?” she questioned, snapping her fingers in front of his eyes.

He smiled shaking his head at the way she was fighting with the wind trying to tame her disheveled hair. “But mujhe spicy nahi kuch meetha khane ka dil kar raha hai” pointing at the ice cream stall, she clapped her hands gleefully.

“Chal na mujhe baraf ka gola khana hai” she tugged at his arm and started walking towards the stalls.

A long lecture later, which ended finally with a complain call to his mother Shehnaaz was convinced that the roadside food could affect her and the baby adversely and they stepped into ‘Icy Whirls’ a brand new joint he knew had opened that served organic ice-cream.

Shehnaaz rolled her eyes as he got their order of assorted ice-creams, accompanied with sanitizer pouches, disposable spoons and a whole lot of paper napkins.

“Prim and Proppah” she tightened her lips mocking at hm

“Chup baith samjhi, tera bass chale to tu mitti, chuare, raaste ke golgappe, woh oily chhole bhature aur pata nahi kya kya khane lag jayegi..eewwwww” he scrunched his face in disgust, recollecting the mad cravings she had mentioned in the past week.

“Yeh sab khake hi desi bande tandurust hote hai samjha? Immunity badhti hai, tum shehri logo ke jaise nahi, ki ek icecream kha li toh acchu acchu karne lag jate ho” Shehnaaz scoffed stuffing her mouth with a spoonful of the Chilly Cow Brown Butter Salted Caramel Ice cream.

“Ummmmmm” she moaned in pleasure closing her eyes.

This particular flavor had passed her screening purely because of the extra longish and unusual name, but when she tasted the sweet heaven, she knew it was worth the effort.

He watched her amusedly, feeling completely ignored as she dove in to the multiple cups letting out hushy sexy voices that made his eyes go wide.

He gulped hard as he saw a droplet of the pink cream slip the spoon and lingered on her lip.

The sight made his thoughts run wild, as he clenched his jaw to control the buzz of his thoughts.

His gaze was trained on her lusciously pink lips when he was distracted by a young girl, crouched on the ground, dressed in work out gear that showed off her toned body.

She had accidentally dropped her upturned bag and sent all her knick knacks rolling down on the floor.

Sidharth immediately bent down to help her out and the girl smiled shyly at him.

“Hey, haven’t seen you around. Do you live close by?” the girl was flirting with him.

He stifled a smile and stood up, handing back her lipgloss and pens to her.

“Ummm actually m here with my wife” as he turned her down, his natural charm had already shown effect and the girls face soured. She smirked and walked away as he came to sit beside her again.

Shehnaaz who was watching all this glared at him, putting down the cup.

“Mujhe pata hai abhi tu yehi karne wala hai” she huffed, confusing him
“Kya?” he asked

“Abhi main pregnant hu, fir thode dino mein moti ho jaungi, fir tujhe acchi nahi lagungi, aur fir tu bhatak jayega raste se, chale jayega aisi hi kisi dusri hot ladki ke paas” her eyes welled up.

But more than getting worried, it made him throw his head back and laugh out loud

“Tu pagal hai kya baby? Aisa samajhti hai mujhe?” he laughed some more

“Sweety, I think this pregnancy is making ur hormones go nuts” His arm slid around her, holding her neck, as he tightened the grip slightly pulling her towards him.

His thumb grazed her lip, as he wiped off the droplet of cream and licked it clean. “You are my life Shehnaaz, meri jaan, like literally. Tu nahi toh main nahi. Aur hum dono ki jaan hai yeh” his hand rested on her tummy, her gaze followed it.

“toh meri ek nahi, do do jaan ko chhod ke main kisi aur ke paas jaunga tujhe lagta hai? pagal hu kya main?” his hand arched her face up

“I love you baby, so so so much” he stressed, assuring her.

“maine taange tod deni hai teri agar tune aisa kuch socha bhi toh” she muttered making him split with laughter.

He rubbed her head as she wiped her face and got back to raiding the almost melted cups , feeding him too in between.

He relaxed watching the color rise back on her face, that was close to broiling down to a tear jerker, he thought.

He was thankful to Neeti di, who had given him a fair idea of what pregnancy terms entail right from mood swings to cravings to self loathing, and prepared him for the months ahead.

And come what may he had already pledged himself to give in his 200 percent in the process of welcoming their beloved baby to this world.

*

In a few days, nostalgia hit them both as they sat in the car all prepped up to leave for Mohit & Gunni’s wedding at the same venue, Tivoli Gardens, in Pune where Garima got married.

Only this time it was double the fun, because of their intricate bond with the soon to be wed couple. The four of them had become the best of friends and were now about to get bonded in a close relation as well.

_____________________________________________

The joy of furthering their family.. becoming parents.. a unit of two goes on to add another individual to their lives.

Hope u guys have liked the chapter and the way my story is progressing.. so please vote, comment and share my story.

Love and luck

Sidnaazkidiwani