Chapter 6

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 6

One such evening, they were in the terrace for their coffee ritual when Sidharth was furiously shaking his leg lost in deep thought.

She placed a gentle hand on his thigh gesturing him to stop

“Sidharth aise pair mat hila, tujhe pata hai aisa karne se hamare paas dhan kam ho jata hai, sara paisa paani ki tarah beh jata hai” she said it so much belief it made him laugh his gut out.

Recovering from his fit he wiped the tears in his eyes as she stared at him in surprise.

“Itna hasne wali kya baat ho gayi? Joke nahi mara maine. Sacchi hota hai aisa” he couldn’t control himself.

He canned his cigarette and went up to her scrunching her face in his palms. “Tu aur tere theories. Ek hi piece hai tu duniya mein” he said and walked back into his room.

But she stood there stunned.

His touch.

It felt like her body was lit on fire. The sensation of his rough palms grazing her delicate skin was ringing through her whole body. Her breath hitched when she felt his touch.

“Shehnaaz, kya sochi jaa rahi hai.. pagal hai tu?” she muttered rubbing her face trying to shun all thoughts running through her mind.

As if this want enough, Gunni dropped a bomb on her when she reached home.

“Shehnaaz, meri room mate aa rahi hai. Tere liye koi dusra jugaad karna padega” her face filled with remorse.

“Hayye Gunni, Kamini itne kam time mein kya jugaad lagau? Mere paas paise bhi nahi hai. Abhi salary bhi nahi mili. Tere paas hai kya?” shehnaaz’s eyes watered as Gunni nodded her head in a No.

“Tu ek kaam kar, tere boss ko bol de advance salary pay karde tujhe. Fir tu rent de payegi PG mein” Gunni shared her idea giving her some hope.

Shehnaaz couldn’t sleep the whole night. She was worried if she couldn’t find a way she would literally have no place to stay.

Sidharth woke up, stretching his body. He habitually looked to his side to pick up his vitamin tablets that Shehnaaz always placed, but he couldn’t find them.

Infact none of his stuff was there, like every morning. Did she not turn in today? He wondered walking out of his room calling out her name “Shehnaazzzzz” but no answer.

He saw Sam aunty emerging from the kitchen. “Sam Shehnaaz nahi aayi aaj?” he asked.

“Uska phone aaya tha, she is going to be late today” Sam replied, placing his sipper in front of him.

He picked it up and sipped it but immediately frowned. The water wasn’t warm, like how he liked it. It was room temperature. “Kidhar hai tu?” he mumbled furrowing his brows in stress.

Finally at 11.00 am She turned up. Sam aunty greeted her at the door.

“Hi darling, kaha reh gayi thi tu? Sidharth ne pura ghar sar pe utha liya tha. Pani garam nahi hai, breakfast accha nahi hai, tablets galat rakh diye.. yeh.. woh.. uff” she huffed making her giggle.

She went to the writing room to find him pacing in tension. “Hello” she said with a smile. He looked at her with a smirk confusing her.

“Kya hua, koi tension hai?” she asked politely.

“I don’t like people reporting late to work” he snapped but she giggled in return surprising him.

“Woh actually kal raat main aur Gunni late tak baat kar rahe the toh subah late ho gayi. Sorry” she said cutely holding her ears.