Chapter 13

Hamesha Wala Pyaar – Chapter 13

Sidharth gauged from her expressions that Shehnaaz was rather happy to hear that he has nothing to do with Meghna.

Was she feeling something for him too? Hell, he didn’t even know what he was feeling.

But he knew one thing for sure, that just having her around, put his antsy nerves to ease. He experienced a warm, fuzzy feeling when she took care of him, when she spoke to him without any inhibitions, like two best friends would.

They had crossed the boundaries of an employee – employer relation long back.

What was now unfolding between them was something more. And neither of them seemed to mind it.

The next day, finally the kennel was being installed in the far end of the lawn.

Shehnaaz was elated. The smile on her face didn’t disappear once.

She was sitting on her usual spot in the porch, compiling a sales report of his last book.

She wore a black crop top and beige cargo pants this morning, that exposed her midriff.

Her daily running, had been doing wonders for her body and she seemed to have almost lost her love handles. She had now brazenly started wearing clothes that showed off a little skin.

The workers were being supervised by Ramlal as they continued to assemble the kennel together.

Sidharth took a break from his writing and stood near the window, scrunching his eyes against the sunlight as he lit a cigarette. He looked down in the lawn to where the workers were.

He noticed that one of the workers, was repeatedly turning back to look at the porch.

He remembered, that’s where Shehnaaz sat when she was working. An over protective rush spread through him as he bolted down.

That bugger was actually ogling at her.

What the fuck. He thought raging with fury. He went and stood near the spot where they were working, giving that particular worker a death stare.

He cowered back immediately sticking to his business. “Aur kitna time lagega Ramlal?” he asked. “Aur ek do ghanta lagenge, yeh pura lakdi ka saman ek saath assemble karna hai” Ramlal replied.

Sidharth stomped back to the porch.

“Shehnaaz andar chal” he ground his teeth, looking at her working on her lappie.

Shehnaaz looked up at him with furrowed brows “Kya hua?”she questioned.

“Tujhe chal bola na? Samajh mein nahi aa raha? He shouted, but calmed himself down again “Chal, kuch kaam hai” he stated, making her roll her eyes in annoyance.

“Kaise dekh raha tha woh tujhe? Chhee” he grimaced, as they sat beside each other in the living room.

“Kaun dekh raha tha?” she asked innocently

. “Tu gadhi hai kya? Kuch bhi samajh nahi hai na tujhe? Woh worker dekh raha tha, piche mud mud ke” he retorted. His tone was louder than required, his thumb twitching furiously.

His blood was burning at the thought of someone laying their dirty eyes on her.

A possesive streak marked his heart.

Shehnaaz decided it wasn’t the time to mess with him. She kept quiet, digging her head back in the laptop. “Khotta” she mumbled under her breath.

Suddenly one of her babies yelped, making her scamper outside.

The inquisitive puppies were wiggling near the workers and one of them had shooed them away, scaring her babies. All three of them were running helter skelter.