44/ Family Meeting

Start from the beginning

"She hated the idea of marriage. So, maybe if she wouldn't have been so clear about that I would have, but I would have done that for the kids. Not to celebrate love." He thought to himself.

In his eyes marrying the mother of his children would be the right thing to do, when they were still together. But now? Well, it was save to say things had drastically changed.

"But this time... it's all that matters to me." He smiled sweetly and brought her hand over to his mouth to peck a soft kiss on her knuckles.

"And if you could dream out loud about the wedding you'd want to have?" She asked him with a smile, her eyes sparkling.

"I'm not sure if you're going to rip my head off because of this answer," He started out carefully, already smirking to see if she was going to slap him with a pillow.

"But, as long as you and our family are there, I really don't mind about the rest." He confessed, now blushing a little as well. Instead of making fun of him, Alice teared up a little. Having their loves ones around was definitely the most important thing.

"How about you? What is your dream wedding?" FP asked her in return as he was growing curious on whether she had a perfect picture in her head.

"As you know, I've done the whole big fancy wedding before..." She started out, referring to her first marriage.

"And though the idea of doing something extravagant again is appealing, I totally agree with you. I don't need that. All I need is you and our family to celebrate with us." There tugged a warm smile on her lips and she squeezed his hand a little tighter.

"So, you're okay if we're keeping it small?" He asked her, to be sure.

"More than okay." She leant in to peck a soft kiss on his lips, one that both of them smiled into as he pulled her closer.

"What do you think about dressing up, going to City Hall and have a festive dinner at Pop's or the Wyrm afterwards?" FP proposed after pulling back, thinking about celebrating at a place they all really loved. After all, Riverdale was the town they fell for each other, so why not have a party at the places they loved most?

"How about both? Dinner at Pop's and the afterparty at the Wyrm?" Alice raised her eye-brow with a smirk.

"God, you're perfect aren't you?" FP breathed out, and grabbed her face to kiss her again, but Alice pulled backwards quickly and held her finger in front of her face.

"On one condition though..." She said mysteriously, immediately intruging FP.

"I'll still get to pick a wedding dress and you'll wear a suit." She grinned. If they were keeping it small they could go out on their outfits a little more.

"Hmm, I think you've got yourself a deal future Mrs. Jones." He winked, loving this idea already. If there was one thing he didn't do often it was suiting up and he for sure couldn't wait to see Alice in a beautiful dress.

She laughed and now finally kissed him before she snuggled up to his chest with a content smile on her lips.

"Your Dad will be happy to hear that we're keeping it small and intimate." FP laughed a little, as Alice had told him last week that he wanted to chip in as well.

"I think so too. Are you nervous to meet him?" She traced his inner thigh with her fingers and lolled her head up to look at him.

"Strangely enough, I am not."

**

A few days later, FP and Alice had been driving up to New Jersey for FP to meet Alice's father: Jack Smith. Since Alice's mother had passed away when she was young, she only had her father left as her family. He had always been very protective of her, but when she had told him that she was getting married again he had been very happy for her. So, he had invited them at one of the best hotels in town, where they would stay for a couple of days so Alice could show FP around in the city where she grew up.

Alice smiled brightly when she saw her father walking towards their table in the restaurant. She immediately stood up and made her way to hug her dad.

"My sweet Sugarpop! It's been so long since I've last seen you." Jack held out his arms to envelope his daughter tightly, after not seeing her for months.

"Hi Dad, it's great to see you again." Alice smiled brightly. Her father was her everything. He had been taking care of her as the best parent she could imagine after he became a single dad.

"So, this is the man you've been telling me about?" He turned to FP, who stood there suddenly a little nervous. Somehow it still turned out to be a big deal to meet the father of the girl you were about to marry.

"He is," Alice turned around to her fiancé and smiled at him.

"Dad, this is FP. FP, this is my Dad." She introduced the most important men in her life to each other.

"Nice to meet you, FP." Jack shook the hand of FP and involuntarily looked at him a little suspicious. It made FP a little uncomfortable.

When they all sat down at the table, Jack had grabbed the menu to see what they could order.

"Should we get a bottle of wine? Or scotch maybe? My baby loves some good scotch, don't you?" He grinned at his daughter, knowing exactly what her favorite drink was. However, Alice was catching onto what he was trying to do almost instantly.

"We're not drinking. A soda is fine." She gave her father a stern look. For a second she thought he had forgotten that FP didn't drink and that she didn't drink when they were out, out of solidarity.

"Ah come on, one drink can't hurt." Jack shrugged, not seeing the big deal. Though, he knew exactly what he was doing.

"I told you why we don't. Just leave it." Alice said once more, a little firmer this time.

"Are you serious now? Come on, FP. You can handle it, right? After all, you were a hardcore drinker." Jack had turned to FP with a smirk on his face, knowing perfectly well how to provoke him.

Alice's mouth fell open. From all the things her Dad could have said tonight that would make her feel embarrassed, this was definitely worse. She truly believed he supported her decision to get married again, but it looked like he was purposely trying to hurt the both of them.

"You are unbelievable." She hissed through her teeth and slammed down her napkin onto the table. Before they could even blink, she had stormed off to their hotel room.

FP cleared his throat awkwardly as he wanted to be out of there as soon as possible for several reason. He really needed to check up on Alice to see if she was doing alright.

"Excuse me," He said a little guilty, before leaving off in the direction Alice had just gone off to.