chapter 14

a c t   i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xiv.

◆◇◇

It was extremely nerve-wracking. Shizumi sometimes wondered how Midoriya had to stay in these white-walled hospitals for days and nights, staying in one place and not going anywhere else. "Shizumi-san," she turned her attention from the small family photo resting on one of the side tables to her doctor's face. She swallowed a lump in her throat, hoping that the test results were on the good side rather than the opposite. 

Before the doctor began to speak after letting out a sigh, she tightly clutched the strap of her pink shoulder bag. "The test results aren't good." Her eyes widened. "At this rate, even if you do get your voice back, your throat would be too sore and scrapped to be able to work." She quickly took out her phone and opened her notepad, typing down her words.

"Isn't there anything that can help my throat? Surgery, medicine, anything?!" The man shook his head, eyeing the x-ray displayed on his computer. She could feel tears form in her eyes, but held them back and typed onto her phone again. "How many months do you think my throat can last?"

The doctor reached for a notepad resting on his office table and went through its pages, "Considering the medications you are taking right now, if you double the dosage of them and keep healing our throat, I can only say..." he closed the notebook and turned to the redhead, staring deeply into her heterochromatic eyes.

"_____ months."

◇◆◇

Shizumi politely bowed as she proceeded to slide the door closed, before turning to her left and clutching the strap of her shoulder bag. She looked down in fear, at this rate, even if i do get my voice back, i won't be able to...

She continued to walk down the white halls of the hospital, trying her best to ignore the smell of medicines and hospital food in the air. She hated the smell; it always left a weird feeling in her mouth, and reminded her of those days when she had to be here for several days straight, healing up her marks all over her body, mainly her back. 

At this point, she had even felt a tear fall down her left eye, I have to get my license as soon as possible. If I can get it, I can finally be legally allowed to find Melody, and get my voice back. I have to get it back, it has all the answers to my problems right now. Without it, I won't be able to-

She looked up to be met with an all familiar Canadian flag, dual-haired boy, who had also begun to stare at her. It was awkward for a few moments before the boy finally snapped back into reality and broke the silence.

"Shizumi-san?"

◇◇◆

"Here you go," Todoroki kindly handed a strawberry-flavored drink over to the girl, holding his own in his hand. The redhead silently accepted it, bowing as a thank you as she took it with both her hands. The half-cold half-hot boy nodded as well, returning her respect with his own. 

He sat down next to her on the wooden bench, making sure to sit not too close to her to make her uncomfortable, eyeing the various trees in the hospital garden as he spoke for her.

"So," He started, trying his best to not sound too jab into her business. "What are you doing here?" The girl sipped into her drink and grabbed her phone from her bag, typing in her answer.

"Just visiting the doctor. What about you?" She typed, displaying it to the dual-haired boy, who had opened his cold drink. Todoroki was hesitant to answer; Shizumi considered him a friend, right? Would it be weird for him to ask something regarding his own problems? He didn't want to burden her, since she had her own problems she should be dealing with.