chapter 29

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xxviii.

◆◇◇

"Good morning Uraraka!" As happy as never before, the silent hero waved by the auburn-haired girl as she skipped through U.A's hallways, back in her usual uniform with her usual thigh-high socks, while as she passed, Uraraka waved back. They both carried stuffed-up backs, ready for their trip to the mountains, the rest of their luggage waiting downstairs.

"Good morning Chikara-chan!" Ever since the events at I-Island, the two of them had officially decided to become good friends and get to know each other more, and turns out, they had a lot in common. They both loved sweets, especially Japanese sweets, loved children, were somewhat scared of Bakugou at the beginning (the boy raised a brow at this as they talked about it), and both of them loved the starry sky.

They instantly began to hang out on their last day at I-Island (as promised, though, she had spent the day before that with Kyouka, running along with any concert and DVD shops), taking a trip to the famous planetarium together with Deku and Mina, who had joined them on their tour, but unlike the two girls, were completely confused at the number of stars and constellations mentioned. It was quite an unforgettable day for both of them.

"I heard Aizawa-sensei is taking us to a Training Camp, but only for those who passed," A conversation began in between them. Uraraka continued, waving at Momo who passed by her as she walked with Tsuyu, "I hope Kirishima, Kaminari, Sero, Ashido, and Sato-kun are able to come with us to this exciting event!"

"I doubt It'll be exciting; Aizawa-sensei is probably going to train the hell out of us," Shizumi suggested, making sure she didn't write up any typos on her phone's notepad. "but I just hope that for once, Villains won't attack us at the camp. I feel like this class is some kind of chaos magnet or something...

The auburn-haired girl couldn't help but chuckle negatively, "I agree with you there, I just want a break from all these villain attacks, we're just students in training after all...Although, I can't help but think that exactly how we're tracked every single time. Do you think there may be a spy amongst the staff of the school?"

"I hope to doubt it, but the hints are pushing my thoughts to a positive point-of-view. Maybe one of the people in the League has someone who can disguise themselves..." The girls looked at each other and let out a breath of exasperation, before suddenly being thrown into a giggling fit.

"Let's try harder and pass this Training Camp Chikara-chan!"

"Just Shizumi is fine, I'm not very used to hearing my last name! And indeed, let's surpass Aizawa-sensei's expectations!!"

And with that, they separated to go to their separate seats, sending a sign-language wave of "Good morning!" to Midoriya, who was drawing something onto his notebook, and a wave to Bakugo, who was scoffing as usual in thought (although only the kinder one replied).

◇◆◇

"Now that you've finished up your first semester at UA High, it's time for summer vacation to officially begin. However," Eraserhead came in a threatening tone, "don't think these will be months of rest for you heroes-in-the-making. At this camp, we'll push you to go beyond your limits. You're aiming to become Plus Ultra."

Shizumi sends a smile of "I told you so!" to Uraraka seated at the back, who sent a thumb's up before shouting, "Yes sir!" along with the class.

When their teacher left the room, the redhead found herself seated beside Shoto, who looked as unbothered as usual, an emotionless look on his face. "Hopefully, It won't be a near-death experience or something like that huh?"