chapter 7

a c t  i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter vii.

◆◇◇

Her heterochromatic eyes rippled open, her first sight being a bright light and beeping noises. As she scanned the room she was in, she found a machine attached to her right arm, her body in hospital clothes, and lastly, a TV on the wall showing the USJ incident. At the sight of the news, the first thought that came to her was the status of her teacher.

'Where's Aizawa-sensei?!' she thought as the beeping noises became more boisterous. She turned her attention back to the TV, where they publicized her and her classmates, Aizawa-sensei being carried into an ambulance, while her limping body was in Kirishima's hands as he handed the petite girl over to the doctors. 

"Shizumi-san?" The said girl turned to her right to find the source of the voice, and there she saw Midoriya on a hospital bed next to her, swaddled in bandages, still in his sport's uniform. "I'm so glad you're okay!" he said with a reassuring smile, making Shizumi's heart flutter, her cheeks tinted a slight pink. The girl nodded at him, a small smile on her face.

Midoriya began to explain the events after she lost consciousness, filling her in with Aizawa-sensei being safe, her classmates unharmed, and that All Might protected them. 

"Ah, you're awake." Recovery Girl said as she entered the room. She walked towards Shizumi's bed and began speaking. "You have no idea how lucky you are, little girl. Had the ambulance been a little late, you could've lost your life!" she said as she scolded Shizumi, making Midoriya sweatdrop at the current situation. Shizumi apologized to her, but her eyes caught the white curtain beside Midoriya as if it was there to hide something. Though she yearned to ask what was behind it, she chose not to.

"Little girl, I am aware that you tried to save Aizawa, and were ready to sacrifice yourself to save him, but think about yourself for once. Look at you, you have a deep headache, a bad stomach, and most importantly, you nearly disabled your am!" At this, Midoriya tensed and began to worry for his classmate.

The silent hero gave a sad smile to Recover Girl and bowed her head slightly as a symbol of apologizing, knowing that the doctor in front of her knew her disability to speak. The elder woman let out a long sigh and walked towards the table, opening the drawer and getting a few candies. "Here," she said as she handed the candies over to Shizumi. "Try not to move around too much for another week. Avoid overeating, especially with unhealthy food. Keep away from exercising, and don't take too much stress. I could have healed you more, but you would only become more tired, so day by day, your injuries will heal themselves." She finished her lecture, making Shizumi give her hero another smile.

◇◆◇

Shizumi bid her goodbyes to Midoriya as she left for her house route, sighing for the 100th time that day. 'Today was such a long day...I wonder if Suga ate the extra food I left for her in the morning,' she thought as she plugged in her earphones, reminiscing about what had happened today.

She and her classmates were struck by villains, her hand was crushed by a Noumu, she nearly killed herself by using too much of her quirk, and she saved her teacher's life. She had just been a true hero for someone. She smiled at that thought, but it immediately disappeared when she remembered the man covered in hands that had tried to kill her, making Shizumi bite her lower lip in fear.

'Why did that man....look so familiar?' She thought as she remembered what her grandmother said to her when she was an infant.