chapter 47

a c t  i v.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xlvii.

◆◇◇

The second day of her and Midoriya's house arrest. It went along pretty swiftly, with her avoiding Bakugo from miles away as if she had a Boom Boom Boy alarm with her, telling her if he was nearby. She only ever talked to MIdoriya and even helped him make some breakfast - keeping away from the stove, of course - and the day ended like that, and night came.

When the rest of her friends came back, Shizumi ended up playing a board game of monopoly with a few of her friends, including Todoroki who had no idea what was going on. She crushed them all, her competitive side taking over her as she abandoned her cleaning duties, and Kyouka had forced Kaminari to do it for her instead - apparently, both he and Mineta had tried to peek under the girls' skirts today - as a punishment.

Mineta was encased in a thick block of ice and hung from the ceiling, just above a pot of boiling water (she blinded Todoroki's eyes as it happened.)

And when curfew time came, she found herself on the bed, tossing and turning, unable to let the dark calm seep take her away from the dull silence of her bedroom, Suga had already fallen asleep after messing up her study table. Shizumi once again changed her position, hugging one of her plushies as she gazed at the clock beside her bed, and internally groaned.

It's two in the morning...

Rolling over, she once again snapped her eyes shut, trying to get a blink of sleep she didn't have for at least three days now, but whenever she closed her eyes, she would feel the burden on her and would open her eyes up once again, staring at her ceiling.

This isn't going to work...

She groaned internally to herself and sat up straight, knowing well she wasn't going to get any sleep today either, unless she had some sleeping pills again. But she just had them a few days ago, and she might overdose.

She pulled the sheets off of her and walked to her desk, opened her table lamp, and began fixing the table that her cat previously ruined to force her to sleep. 

As she began to put away the newspapers and books, her head began to blur what she saw all of a sudden, making her stumble a little and hold the table for support. She felt like groaning, but immediately dismissed that thought after she felt something pull up her throat from her body, making her hold her mouth.

She felt something uncomfortable curl up in her stomach, and when she felt the very same feeling take its place in her throat, she stumbled over to the washroom and to the sink, leaning over it with the little strength she had left in her, panting heavily.

What...is happening to me...?

Chest rising and resting faster than her reaction time, her open and messy hair began sticking up against her cold skin, but it wasn't feeling cold. She was sweating profusely, and her body was warming up little by little from the inside, but her skin felt cold. 

Feeling the burning sensation rising up in her throat again, she began to punch her chest a little harshly, feeling her heart tighten up between two walls, and that's when she noticed that the walls of her bathroom began to near her as well.

Shizumi had wanted to let out a shriek when she felt something rise up her throat and into her mouth, only to spit it out into the skin with a disgusting smell coming from it. Her throat burned as if it was on fire, dipping in hot lava. It stung her painfully and left her breathless, and when she opened her eyes that were tightly shut, she found herself staring at her undigested dinner in the sink, with hints of red liquid present on them.