chapter 52

a c t  i v.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter lii.

◆◇◇

"Guys guys, let's try out some clothes!!" Mina announced when they walked to a clothing brand store, Shizumi slurping down her slush with the boys beside her.

"No thanks."

"Boohoo!! Shizu~ You and me, how about that?! And the guys can comment and watch!!"

Shizumi remembered her promise earlier and hesitantly nodded, "Yayyy!! Guys, you wanna see us try on some new clothes?!"

Every one of them agreed; except for Bakugo. "Fuck that." But at least this way, maybe the girl would finally buy something that she wanted, so he didn't stop her as she basically was flying in Mina's hands to the changing room.

The boys took their seats on the sofas outside the changing room, Bakugo looking around for another few shirts that he could probably get.

Shizumi stepped into the changing room and made sure to lock the door, before stripping her clothes off and staring at herself in the body-sized mirror in front of her. She tensely turned around and turned over her shoulder to see the large, ugly injury that spread throughout her back, Tenko...

She shook her thoughts off and focused on the task at hand, grabbing the summer dress she had picked out earlier and pulling it down on her black pair of undergarments, careful not to ruin her already messy bun. I hope it looks good on me.

After she finished changing, she stepped out and heard them conversing, "Today is the best day of my life- the girls are modeling for me!!"

"Pervert..." Kirishima commented, never thinking of his two female best friends in that way.

Mina held the girl behind the curtain, dressed in a purple pair of strapped top and long skirt with a black stylish belt, so pretty!! She smirked at her redheaded friend, "Guys! Are you all ready?!" She popped her face out of the curtain. "Bakugo, sit down!!"

"Shut up raccoon eyes."

"Yes!!" Kaminari and Hanta exclaimed, the only loud ones; Kirishima looked away while rubbing his neck, while Bakugo was on his phone, not interested in what was happening. 

He picked out a shirt and kept it by his side. It was black and had the words "Hotter than your ex, Better than your next" written on it. As much as he regretted choosing it, he thought the fabric was pretty good, and he could probably wear it under something.

"Okay, so! I took the first change, aaaaand....!" She hopped out behind a curtain, striking a pose. "Tadaaa! How do I look?!"

"Shitty."

"Okay-ish."

"Next, please."

"Um, don't you usually wear this on a daily basis?"

Ashido was left stomping back at the comments, changing into her second outfit while Shizumi was left behind, trembling from nervousness. Wah, and she looked really pretty too!! But this dress is just...

She looked at herself, So...plain. But I kind of like it, so they'll probably like it too, right?

She took in a deep breath and robotically moved her body to slide the curtain a little and hesitantly take some steps out. Confident, be more confident!! She straightened her posture, trembling in her spot before walking out.

Kaminari grinned, proud of the girl for her chosen dress. "Yup, it looks good!! It suits you, Shizumi!!"

Kirishima nodded, agreeing with his airheaded friend. "Yeah! Nice pick!!"