Year 5-13 | Department Of Mysteries

Start from the beginning

"No idea" Snape said turning around eyeing Harry one more time before leaving the office.

"Very well.. You give me no choice Potter. As this is an issue of the ministry, you give me no alternative then to use the cruciatus curse"

"That's illegal" Hermione spat.

"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him" She said placing a photo of him facing down on her desk. My breath started to become unsteady as she approached Harry with her wand pointed out, my heart was beating out of my chest. I struggled against Cassius's grip harder leading him to pressing me tight on to him, I couldn't do anything.

"TELL HER HARRY!" Hermione yelled just as Umbridge was about to cast the curse.

"Tell me what?" She snapped her head towards Hermione smiling.

"Well if you won't tell her where it is, I will"

"Where what is?"

"Dumbledore's secret weapon"

A smile appeared on Umbrdige's face. I don't know what Hermione was planning on doing at all. I looked over at Ron furrowing my eyebrows and Ron looked just as confused as I was.

"Show me" Umbridge said with an uncontrollable smile. Hermione pushed Goyle's wand to the side walking up towards Harry and Umbridge.

"Go on" Umbridge motioned towards Harry who slowly got up looking at me. I didn't know what to do.

"Lead me there" Umbridge gestured towards Hermione. She nudged Harry pulling him out the office as Umbridge followed leaving only the inquisitorial squad with us. Whatever Hermione had in mind I need to get out of here and help them.

My body suddenly tensed up when I felt Cassius's hand glide over my body. I struggled against him but he held me under his grip tight.

"Get your filthy hands off of her" Draco spat rushing over pushing Cassius to the ground. He then stood beside me pointing his wand at my neck glaring at Cassius still. I sighed out of relief quickly.

"I'm hungry" Ron said pulling out candies from his pockets. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, he really never stops eating.

"Give me that" Crabbe said quickly snatching the candies out of Ron's hands and throwing a few to the inquisitorial squad including Draco. The candy was purple and orange, I've seen it before, puking pastille. Fred and George gave one to a student so they could skip class.

"Don't eat it" I whispered to Draco. He looked down at me confused as the other inquisitorial squad members ate it without hesitation. The smile of satisfactory on their faces quickly faded and turned into a frown.

"I'm gonna be sick" Pansy groaned opening a window and puking out of it. Soon, the rest of the inquisitorial squad started puking aggressively.

"You're welcome" I whispered to Draco.

"Come on let's go!" Ron motioned Neville Ginny Luna and I running out of the office. I was about to follow when Draco quickly grabbed onto my arms.

"Don't go Evelyn. We talked about this, the dark lord knows Sirius is important to Harry. He's using that to lure Harry, it's obviously a trap. It's not safe"

"Do the right thing Draco" I whispered slowly pushing Draco's hands off of my arm and ran off following Ron. The five of us ran towards the entrance of Hogwarts when we met Harry and Hermione who were running towards the castle.

"How'd you get away?" Hermione exclaimed catching her breath.

"Puking Pastilles, it wasn't pretty" Ginny replied from beside Ron.

"Told them I was hungry, took out some sweets and they took it for themselves"

"That was clever Ron" Hermione looked at him surprised.

"It was brilliant! So, how we getting to London?" Neville exclaimed from behind me.

"Look, it's not that I don't appreciate everything you've done, all of you, but I've got you into enough trouble as it is" Harry said brushing past me.

"Dumbledore's Army was about doing something real, or what is all just words to you?" Neville said turning Harry back around towards us.

"Maybe you don't have to do this all by yourself Harry" I said taking a deep breath. He looked at me for a moment and I held the eye contact. No one spoke for what seemed like ages.

"...So how are we going to get to London" Harry paused before speaking breaking the short silence.

"We fly of course" Luna said looking at me with a dreamy smile.

"Thestrals" I smiled back understanding right away, "let's go"

Luna and I led the way running towards the forbidden forest and into the herd of Thestrals. Harry Luna and I helped the others get on their thestral since they couldn't see them. I gently stroked a thestral's head before climbing on to it, beautiful things they are.

The thestrals flew up into the air following my lead. I loved flying, it felt like I was free again, just like when I was riding Buckbeak. The euphoric feeling didn't follow though. I was afraid, we're running straight into danger knowingly.

***We flew for hours, the whole time I was thinking of every possible outcomes of this

***
We flew for hours, the whole time I was thinking of every possible outcomes of this. If my life were to be threatened just so Harry would do something, I know what the right thing to do will be. I prepared myself for the worst possible scenarios including death.

When we arrived, everyone was lost. They haven't been to the ministry of magic often.

"Follow me, I know the way" I said. I know the the way around the ministry, I came here often to help out dad and mother... Apolline.

The group followed me into the elevator and we waited for it to go down to the department of mysteries. When we arrived we were faced with a narrow black hallway and a large door was in front of it. Harry grabbed my hand tight and started to walk towards the door, he was tense and so was I.

"This is it" He said as we all looked at each other with different emotions; fear and uncertainty