ARC 15 : DEATH CYCLE

Chapter 208: Death Cycle (VI)

TL: Resonance

Night time is the zombies’ most active time, Song Bin’s team naturally wouldn’t take the risk trying to rush back. They chose a relatively hidden building to spend the night.

Shang Ke got closer to the building while thinking about how to gain their trust. After all, he had just told them that he wouldn’t be travelling with them during the day, yet he followed closely behind them and also coincidentally chose the building they hid themselves in.

There were more than 10 floors in the building. Song Bin’s team of people were on the third floor. There’s no way Shang Ke could recklessly go up and find them. Hence, he found a room on the second floor first and planned to meet them tomorrow morning.

Di Kui should be able to tolerate one night of waiting.

However, the team of mercenaries sensed his presence the moment he stepped into the building. A level eight ability user’s perception is extraordinary. All living creatures within his perception range cannot escape his detection.

Within Song Bin’s perception, Shang Ke was an ordinary person without any abilities. Hence, Song Bin was unable to identify him based on ability level and attribute. Although the other person seems like an ordinary person, Song Bin didn’t let down his guard. The fact that an ordinary person appearing here alone was unusual itself.

“Tu Bo, go take a look.” Song Bin whispered his order to a tall and thin man in black shirt in the corner. The latter nodded his head and silently hidden himself in the darkness.

There was no light in the building and only a little bit of light from the stars shone in through the window, making the darkness even darker.

Tu Bo blended into the darkness and went towards the room Shang Ke was in stealthily. Within their team, he was the ability user best at hiding his tracks, even Song Bin couldn’t reach his level in this aspect. However, he met someone greater than him today.

Within the darkness, a pair of purple eyes shone faintly as it coldly watched Tu Bo’s every action. Just when Tu Bo was about to enter Shang Ke’s room, he suddenly felt a chill on his neck. Then, his line of sight tilted and the world before him was turned upside down. Tu Bo finally understood what happened at the last moment before he lost his consciousness, but he no longer had the ability to think.

A head rolled on the ground for around 10 meters and produced a series of thumping sounds. It sounded very clearly in the silent night.

Shang Ke who was separated by just one door naturally heard it. Song Bin who was on the third floor also heard it.

At the instance when Shang Ke opened the door, Tu Bo’s headless corpse was dragged into the darkness by a force and disappeared without a trace.

The first thing Shang Ke saw was the blood stains on the floor. He followed the trajectory of the blood spray and soon found a human head that was still dripping blood at a corner.

A head fell here, yet there was no corpse around. Only a few seconds had passed from the instance the head fell onto the floor to when he opened the door. Being able to cut off a person’s head and drag the corpse away so quickly, the only perpetrator Shang Ke could think of at the moment was the little zombie.

The person who was killed should be a member of the mercenary team. They noticed him, so they sent someone over to check, but ended up becoming the little zombie’s meal.

A general level zombie’s ability was comparable to a level eight ability user at the human side. No one within the mercenary team was the little zombie’s opponent except from Song Bin.