ARC 14 : LET'S RUN, FOX

Chapter 202: Let’s Run, Fox (XVIII)

Mutu stood on the cliff edge as his mind blanked. He let the wind blow by him as he turned a deaf ear to his men’s shouts when they rushed over.

He had seen his fox fall down the cliff with his own eyes, disappearing from his sight just like that. Why couldn’t he have been faster? If he had been faster by just a few steps, he could have saved him!

“Chief…” A beastman hesitantly walked up, he didn’t know how he should comfort him.

Yanu’s accident not only made Mutu grieve, the rest also felt sad. For the lion tribe, Yanu was no longer that foreign nobody, but a member of their tribe, a comrade and brother. He had fought so many times for the tribe and was a hero that guided and brought prosperity to the tribe.

Although they were unwilling to think he was dead, with how tall this cliff was, it would be hard for Yanu to survive. Even if he was lucky to survive, he would likely be crippled.

Glancing at Mutu’s face, the beastman no longer dare to speak. He merely took the kit from him and turned around to hint at the rest to not disturb him.

As he turned around, Mutu had unconsciously taken a step forward, leaving his foot hanging in air off the cliff. All he needed to do was tilt his body forward and he would fall.

“Chief!” Someone noticed his movement and cried out appalled.

The beastman holding the kit suddenly turned around to see Mutu’s foot hanging over the cliff like he was about to jump down at any movement. His hair immediately stood on its end as he reached out to grab him.

At this critical moment, a sharp whistle came from below. It cut through the darkness like a light and brought life back to Mutu’s cold heart.

It was the bone flute he had given to his fox!

His fox was still alive!

Mutu was excited and moved forward, causing him to fall.

“Chief!” The beastmen had been feeling happy with the news of Yanu’s survival, but then that immediately turned into horror at this scene. All of their hair stood on its end.

Luckily Mutu remained steady as he uprighted his body, preventing a tragedy from happening.

The others still had horrified expressions with their arms reaching out.

Mutu fixed his expression into a dignified one as he ordered, “Let’s go, we’re going to save him!”

“Yes!” The beastmen finally could relax their pounding hearts.

A big and spirally crooked branch grew up on the cliff twenty-some meters above ground. Shang Ke sat on that branch, twitching his tail, licking his wounds and letting the wind blow him as he stargazed. He looked rather pleased.

All three of his missions were completed, his future will be a paved road. Without any burdens, Shang Ke was naturally in a good mood.

At this time, a shout came from above, “Fox, hold on! I will be there immediately!”

Shang Ke smiled and blew his flute a few times as a response.

The bone flute Mutu had given him was indeed a good item. It showed its worth at a crucial moment.

He could not speak, were it not for the flute, that lion would probably grieve for his ‘death’.

Shang Ke did not know that aside from that lion grieving, he almost followed him down the cliff…