ARC 15 : DEATH CYCLE

Chapter 205: Death Cycle (III)

TL: Resonance

Shang Ke was alone in the field, tormented for more than 10 hours. When his body grew back again, it was already 3 or 4 in the morning the next day, the darkest period of a day. The surrounding was quiet and only the sound of the wind could be heard.

Shang Ke got up from the ground exhaustedly. His skin was smooth and delicate, not a single scar was left behind. It was as if the scene of him being torn apart was just a terrible nightmare.

The night was the zombies’ world. Shang Ke didn’t have the time to feel sentimental. He looked through the backpack that was thrown one side and took out a few intact clothes to change into. When Shang Ke saw the hole in the backpack, he subconsciously thought of the scene when his heart was crushed.

For his mission, the system had let him choose between【Kill the zombie king】and【Be killed by the “protagonist”】. Before he met the zombie king, Shang Ke leaned towards choosing the former. But after seeing him, Shang Ke felt that this mission was simply impossible to complete.

The zombie king seemed invincible to Shang Ke. When he striked, he had done so without a sound. He didn’t even use any abilities and was easily able to kill Shang Ke.

He was too weak.

Shang Ke let out a sigh. Carrying his tattered backpack, he walked quickly in the darkness to find a safe foothold and wait for the sky to brighten.

Shang Ke’s long hair was glued into dry hard strips by his solidified blood. While resting, he took the chance to cut his hair short using scissors and immediately felt more refreshed.

When the sky brightened, Shang Ke continued moving towards the main base as planned.

His journey for the next few days was surprisingly smooth. He wasn’t attacked even when he encountered zombies. Shang Ke felt nervous at first and kept himself combat ready. After some testing, he finally confirmed that the zombies basically ignored him under normal circumstances. They got excited and chased nonstop after him only when they smelled his blood. Hence, he could travel freely amongst the zombies as long as he made sure he didn’t bleed.

Of course, it probably wouldn’t be so easy if he met a powerful zombie with intelligence.

On the fourth day, Shang Ke entered Fanxi city. This place was 3-4 days away from Xu city where the main base was located. The more densely populated a place was, the higher the number of zombies.

Shang Ke moved through the alleys cautiously like a wild cat and skillfully leaped into a building.

He hadn’t eaten for a few days and was extremely hungry. Hence, he decided to find a kitchen to cook.

For the past few days, he had gathered from here and there some ingredients and daily necessities. Abandoned cities didn’t have any energy supplies, but as someone who had lived in a primitive society before, he wasn’t troubled no matter how crude the conditions were.

Shang Ke carried a bundle of wood, chose a rather corner house and went in quickly. He searched through the room and went into the kitchen only after confirming that there were no zombies hiding around.

It was a modern style kitchen. It was bright and spacious, and the equipment was advanced. Pots, pans, bowls, ladles etc are all readily available, but there were no knives.

Shang Ke closed all the windows to prevent the smell in the house from spreading outside. Then, he used water magic to wash clean the kitchenware and used fire magic to light the fire wood. He took out the fish he had processed by the river and ingredients found in various supermarkets and malls from his newly changed bag.