ARC 15 : DEATH CYCLE

Start from the beginning

“This is all thanks to brother Bin.” A thin man at the back seat turned and smiled shyly at the brown-haired man beside him, his eyes full of admiration.

The brown-haired man stretched his body and leaned on the seat with a beautiful blonde girl in his embrace. He didn’t have much reaction to the thin man’s flattering. Instead, the blonde girl in his arms smiled and said, “Cheng Hua, you’re very capable too. You were actually able to invite brother Bin. He’s a rare level eight ability user in the base.”

Human ability users are divided into nine levels with level one being the lowest and level nine being the highest. But there are also exceptions, which was the “protagonist” Huo Xuan. His strength was far beyond level nine, reaching the one and only human king level.

“That’s brother Bin giving me face. I will definitely repay brother Bin well in the future.” The thin man that was called “Cheng Hua” was still smiling shyly.

At this moment, the man with a buzz cut who was in charge of driving suddenly reminded, “There’s someone in front.”

Everyone stopped talking and looked out of the car window at the same time. A slim figure appeared beside the farmland a few hundred meters ahead. His back was facing them and he sat cross legged in front of a fire. He was holding a wooden stick earnestly roasting something.

There’s actually someone roasting something at a zombie infested wasteland. Isn’t this looking for death?

“Drive slower and see whether it’s a human or a zombie.” Brother Bin ordered.

The man who was driving nodded his head and drove slowly to where the other party was.

The modified SUV made no noise and only bumping sound due to the bumps could be heard.

The person beside the farmland noticed them approaching and turned to look at them. A handsome face entered the line of sight of the people in the car.

The baldy sitting on the passenger seat praised while clicking his tongue, “It’s unexpectedly a handsome boy.”

Brother Bin also took a few more glances, but he didn’t let down his guard. He looked around and his mental force was highly concentrated as he searched through the surrounding. A moment later, a look of uncertainty appeared on his face. Strange, he couldn’t feel any zombies around. His perception can reach up to three kilometers away. A situation like this where there wasn’t a single zombie within three kilometer has never happened before.

Even if it was a high level zombie with invisibility, there’s no way it could cover the traces of all the zombies within the three kilometers. So, was it really a coincidence that there really were no zombies in this area?

Or… Brother Bin looked back at the person by the farmland. Has all the surrounding zombies been cleaned up by him?

The person who was roasting by the farmland was Shang Ke. He couldn’t help but feel anxious when he saw two SUVs stopping before him.

“Brother, you’re alone? Do you need a ride?” The bald man placed his elbow on the car window and said to Shang Ke with a smile.

His tone sounded like teasing and was clearly asking insincerely. Whether to let a stranger in the car or not was not for him to decide.

“No need.” Shang Ke responded indifferently, but hoped that they would leave immediately and don’t stop here.

“Heh, quite proud aren’t you.” The bald man looked a little unhappy and was about to scorn him when the aroma of roasted food in Shang Ke’s hands caught his attention.