ARC 15 : DEATH CYCLE

Start from the beginning

His basic magic could only be used to wash the vegetables and light a fire. He also couldn’t use it continuously. Nevertheless, it was still pretty convenient for cooking.

After cooking the fish soup, Shang Ke took out two “potatoes” he had dug out not long ago from a wild field. Some uncultivated farmlands in the suburbs were still not wasted. Many strong vitality crops continued living strongly, just that their variety seemed to have mutated.

One example was the “potato” in his hand. It was shaped strangely and the skin was dark purple, looking quite like an alien product. If not for the fact that he wasn’t afraid of being poisoned, he probably wouldn’t dare to try it.

Around half an hour later, a pot of hot fish soup and a plate of fragrant fried potatoes were made. Shang Ke sat casually on the floor, drinking the fish soup and eating the potato, and an extremely comfortable expression showed on his face. The aroma of food permeated the air in the kitchen. Occasionally, some aroma slipped out through the gaps. However, it quickly dissipated in the air and didn’t attract the attention of nearby zombies at all.

Just as Shang Ke was eating happily, he suddenly felt a chill down his back. He turned back quickly but there was nothing behind him. When he was about to turn his head back, he saw a figure on the ceiling from the corner of his eyes. It was a little zombie that looked at most 6-7 years old. She was completely naked, bony and her skin was dark green in colour. Her pair of red eyes carried no trace of emotion.

It was actually a red eyed high level zombie.

Shang Ke didn’t find her when he had searched the house earlier. She might have a special ability to hide her trace. A red eyed zombie’s intelligence was higher than an ordinary zombie, but he probably wouldn’t be attacked as long as he didn’t bleed.

A high level zombie wasn’t scary. Shang Ke was only worried that she would attract other zombies here. If he was accidentally scratched by her even the tiniest bit and bleed one drop of blood, then things would  go big.

There was still some fish soup and potato left, but it seemed like he wouldn’t be able to finish them. Shang Ke shook his head feeling a little regretful. Then, he quickly packed his bag while being vigilant towards the little zombie, intending to change to another room.

At this moment, the little zombie suddenly moved. Her figure flashed and appeared by Shang Ke’s side in the blink of an eye.

Shang Ke’s movement slowed down and his right hand in the bag held onto a knife tightly. He was hesitating whether he should just cut her head and directly settle the threat.

The little zombie didn’t care about Shang Ke. Instead, she lowered her head and looked towards the pot of soup. She leaned forward and licked the soup, then she stopped moving.

Shang Ke muttered in his heart, don’t tell me zombies like this kind of bloodless food too?

Just as he was thinking, ripples suddenly started forming on the soup in the pot as if it was receiving some kind of shock and buzzing sound could be heard.

What’s going on? Shang Ke didn’t know what was happening, but he grew more vigilant. Not daring to stay any longer, he increased his packing speed. Just when he was about to leave, the little zombie suddenly flared up. She violently flipped the pot of soup, then growled angrily at Shang Ke as if she was criticizing him with ‘how could you make such unpalatable food!’.

Shang Ke : “…”

Seemed like this couldn’t end well. Shang Ke took out his weapon immediately and waved it towards the little zombie’s neck.